Chapter 79

I heard the balcony door slide open from behind me. I turned around just as Minjun approached me with two cans of beer in his hands. He handed me one and I gladly accepted it.

We opened the cans, the fresh carbonation bubbling inside. We both took a sip, the cold liquid flowing down our throats, cooling us as we stood outside on the hot summer night. We were both quiet for a while, just staring off into the city lights and buildings.

"You know what an interviewer asked me today?" I finally said, breaking the silence.

I sensed him looking over at me. I continued to face forward. "They asked me about my nickname—'the Treasure from the Stars.'"

"What'd you say?"

"I just said it was kind of all the people who referred to me as that. I said that even though I'm thankful for their compliments and praise, that it was a bit... burdening."

Minjun didn't say anything for a while. "Remember how you told me that you think I'm a 'treasure from the stars'?"

I looked over at him and nodded.

"I thought about it," he confessed. "I thought about it again and again, and I think I've come up with a conclusion."

I tilted my head to the side, curious to hear what he had to say.

"I think everyone is a 'treasure from the stars.' At least in someone's life. Everyone has a purpose, everyone has something they're good at, everyone is valuable and worthy. Sometimes, people are the stronghold in people's lives while sometimes, they are the people who come and go, yet still serve as an important and impacting being. Everyone has a reason for why they were once in one place, why they are in one place, and why they'll be in another." He reached over to stroke my hair, "Everyone is a treasure on this earth. A treasure that the stars knew one person would need them or another."

I tugged his shirt and pulled him in closer to me. "You always know what I want to hear."

He smiled before kissing my forehead and pulling me into a hug. "Yumi-ah," he whispered into my ear.

I hummed in response.

He pulled back and smiled.

I looked at him with an expression that asked what?

He reached into his pocket before getting on one knee. "Yumi-ah..." He pulled out a tiny box from his pocket and began to open the lid, "Can I make you mine forever?"

Inside was no other than a sparkly diamond ring.