Chapter 20

On January 5 20XX, OceanGold Entertainment confirmed the 15 female trainees who will be participating in their upcoming survival show, Crystal-Cove

On January 5 20XX, OceanGold Entertainment confirmed the 15 female trainees who will be participating in their upcoming survival show, Crystal-Cove. The survival show will start airing on almost every platform in the first week of February.

Character videos and small interviews (to which they call, "Crystal-Views") have been pre-released on youtube and these trainees have already been gaining some fans! Here's what we know about them so far!

Lena Kim Smith: Born on October 5, 18 year old half-American half-Korean, Lena Kim Smith has trained for 3 years at OceanGold. She was originally supposed to participate in the old survival program; MakeTheCut2, but withdrew due to some physical injuries. In her 'Crystal-View' she said she was confident about her singing because she had a unique voice that was a bit lower-toned compared to others.

Ara Cho: Born on January 25, 17 year old Korean, Ara Cho has been a trainee for 2 years. She used to train at HJK Entertainment with Rookie Kpop Group; MagicStone (who is under HJK Entertainment right now), but didn't make the cut to debut with them. She moved to OceanGold Entertainment and it has been a year with her new agency.

Remi Tanaka: Born in Japan on August 17, 20 year old Remi Tanaka has been training for 3 years. She was originally a leader of a cover dance group in Japan before moving to Korea to pursue her dream as a Kpop Idol. She's completely fluent in English, as well as her home language Japanese, and is very good at Korean too.

Yumi Choi: Born on September 26, 17 year old Korean, Yumi Choi started training with OceanGold Entertainment last March. She started skating from the age of 3 and competitively skated until 13. She's talented in dancing, singing, and is one of the best visuals according to her fellow trainees.

Yuna Ahn: 17 year old Korean, Yuna Ahn, who was born on March 30, has been a trainee for 2 years. She was an uprising rhythmic gymnast, but due to an unpredicted accident she had drifted off to a coma. Waking up a couple months after her crisis, she began to pursue her second dream: a Kpop Idol.

Minju Kim: Being the Unnie of all the other contestants, 20 year old Korean Minju Kim was born on May 23. She's been with the Kpop industry as a trainee for the past four years, her first year at an unknown entertainment and the other three years with OceanGold. She appeared in B4U's ⟪Let's Be⟫ and ⟪Too Bad⟫ MVs.

Hyerim Jung: Hyerim Jung, a 17 year old Korean, calls herself an ordinary trainee. She loves to dance and sing, and is the reason why she began to train as a trainee. According to her fellow trainees, Hyerim has the most soothing and soft voice out of almost all the trainees at OceanGold.

Somi Joo: Half Canadian and half Korean, born on July 7, 18 year old Somi Joo is a previous member of the group PinkEyes by Glorious Entertainment. She left the group two years ago and the group has been under investigation of bullying for the past half year.

Sunny Park: Born as a Gyopo in New York City on February 28, 18 year old Sunny, is a english fluent trainee. Three years ago, she was casted on the street during her first visit to Korea and has been training since.

Hyori Cha: Hyori Cha, was born in the States on January 24. Her mother is a fashion designer working with RainbowCube Entertainment. She used to train with RainbowCube Entertainment, but not long after she moved to OceanGold. This 18 year old has been training for about three years now.

Juju Kim: 18 year old, Juju Kim was born in Korea on October 19. She grew up in Singapore throughout her childhood and moved back to Korea in middle school. She used to tap dance, but she has moved on into hip hop. She's great at writing her own raps as well as reciting them, but lacks a bit when it comes to slow parts of songs.

Hyeji Hwang: Born on April 5, 16 year old Korean, Hyeji Hwang is one of the youngest contestants. She began ballet at a young age and quit last year. She is very flexible and is one of the dancing prodigies. She knows the most dances and has covered many of our favorite artists' dances. She began training last March too and has been showing marks of improvement.

Joori Nam: Now 17, Joori Nam was born on December 13. She lives with her brother as her father works abroad and her mother is hospitalized. Many trainees comment that Joori is probably one of the quietest and calmest people among the trainees.

Joy Lee: Joy is bright, that's what she thinks of herself. Born on February 12, 17 years old, Joy Lee grew up in Busan. She has the Busan accent, but rarely uses it. Her birth name is Jo-yeon, but she goes by Joy. She has been a trainee with OceanGold Entertainment for about a year after auditioning.

Minnie Liu: 15 year old Minnie Liu was born in Korea on August 27. Her father is Chinese, giving Minnie the last name Liu. She is fluent in Mandarin and English (for she traveled to the US many times) and is fluent in Korean. She is the youngest and has the most aegyo according to all her fellow unnies. She says she became a trainee, walking in her mother's steps.

It won't be long before the Survival Show will begin airing on numerous platforms. The first week of February is only four weeks away! We can't wait to see these 15 contestants climb their way to debut! What about you? Let us know in the comments below!