Chapter 42

[BREAKING NEWS]

[BREAKING NEWS]

According to SNS News, at 11:13 PM, on April 5th, 20XX, the long awaited debut girl group, Jewelries, got into a car accident.

Hyori, Remi, Yumi, Joori, and Hyeji were the debut line up members of the girl group Jewelries, which was formed through the survival show, Crystal-Cove. Their official debut was scheduled for the 6th of April, but it has been pushed back due to this tragedy.

From Chuncheon, they were making their way to Seoul for SNS Broadcasting Station's Monthly Music Show.

A cargo truck, who had been on the lane right to the girls' vehicle, began to collide into the lane beside them. The slippery lane made it almost impossible to break especially at the average speed on the highway. The truck crashed into the van and several other vehicles were damaged in the accident as well.

Many were injured.

The truck driver and other victims were found to have few injuries, but those in the van were not as fortunate.

The girl group's driver had immediately gone under surgery once reaching the hospital and has been reported to have had a successful surgery. However, he has fallen into a coma.

Three of the group members; Remi, Hyori, and Hyeji have tragically passed away. Hyori had made it to the hospital, but unfortunately died during mid-surgery. Remi had been in an ambulance, making her way to a hospital when she had taken her last breath. Hyeji, was found to have passed at the scene of the accident.

The other two members, Joori and Yumi, have been found to be conscious. Joori's arm had been broken, but there was no need for surgery. Yumi is planned to undergo hip surgery once the swelling dies down. OceanGold Entertainment has clarified that they are also undergoing therapy for trauma and their mental health.

Investigation has concluded that the truck driver had consumed alcohol and had been slowly falling asleep while driving. He will serve an eight month sentence.

Our deepest condolences to their family, friends, and fans, and wish the other members a speedy recovery.