Chapter 27

🅵🅸🆁🆂🆃 🅼🅸🆂🆂🅸🅾🅽:  🄳🄰🄽🄲🄴

𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚘𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐.

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗, 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 ⟪𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎⟫ 𝚋𝚢 𝙶𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚒.

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚙 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚘𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚑𝚢.

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚜.

𝙸𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚡 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜.

𝙰𝚙𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎.

𝙴𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝟶-𝟷𝟶𝟶.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖'𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚎.

𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍.

"No. You guys aren't in sync," our dance instructor said for the third time. "You guys are the "good dancers" and there's a lot of expectation for this team waiting. The other team is so much better than you guys." She sighed, "Do it again."

Again, she turned on the music from the beginning, and my group began dancing.

And again, our instructor stopped the music. "It's one, two, step, step, four, swing," she explained as she demonstrated. She swept her hand through her hair, "You guys have 3 days to perfect this. The first half is a mess and we haven't even checked the second half." She walked over to us, "I don't know if you guys thought that this survival show would be a piece of cake, but it's not. Nam PD is expecting the very best, especially after Gemini's disbandment. He's going to be testing you all with the hardest songs in the Kpop industry." On her face was a cold glare that did not soften one bit as she talked. "Do you all understand?"

"Yes," we all answered.

"We'll start from the second verse." She messed with the music player for a minute before it started playing from the second verse.

We spent the next few minutes dancing to the music while our instructor screamed corrections.

"Who's in charge of the group?"

Remi shly raised her hand.

"How did you practice?"

She was quiet for a moment before speaking, "I had all of us separately learn the choreo so we could eventually match it up. We did, but we didn't get many times to practice."