Chapter 3

"For the last three minutes, I want everyone to push yourself as hard as you can go!" the instructor yelled.

I was sitting on the spin bike moving my legs as fast as possible, which honestly, wasn't very fast because they were slowly turning to jello the entire class.

"Harder! Come on!" she yelled.

Easy to say when you're walking around the room lady!

I dismissed my bitter thoughts against her and continued to push myself.

A whimper came from the left of me and I looked over at Gergana to find her making an expression that resembled a pained cry.

"Alright, everyone! You did it! Great job!" the instructor announced.

Everyone in the room was sitting on their bike panting, dripping sweat.

I began to heave my leg over to get off the bike. "Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" I cried. "If I'm this sore now I don't want to think of how I'll be feeling tomorrow."

Gergana was wiping the sweat off the back of her neck. "I doubt I'll be walking at all for the rest of the week. I don't know why we do this to ourselves."

"We?" I argued. "This was your idea! I said we should do pilates!"

We began walking back to the locker rooms and my legs shook with each step.

"You up for going to Kreation after this?" Gergana asked.

"The juicery place?" I'd barely just started getting into the pressed juice trend but everyone swore by it.

"It's more than just juices. They have these awesome syringe shots for different things and," she paused. "You'll just see."

"Sure, I guess. I ubered here though."

"It's fine you can ride with me. I can take you home after too."

"What do I do just put this part in my mouth and push in this part to make it come out?" I asked Gergana completely serious

We were at Kreation, sitting outside at a table. She had ordered us two shots called Antidote and they came in a plastic syringe, as promised, with a label that looked like something off a prescription bottle.

"Could you make that sound any dirtier?" she asked giggling.

I rolled my eyes. "How else am I supposed to phrase it?"

"Touché. But yes, just like that."

I winked at her. "Now you're the one who sounds dirty."

Following her instructions, I drank the shot from the syringe and my eyes went wide. "That –" I choked down the taste. "that was not what I was expecting!"

Gergana had drunk hers and was quickly chasing it with the glass of water she had. "Just remember they're good for you."

"Honestly I'm not sure if it's worth being healthy," I joked.