Chapter 31

The next morning, I awoke with a knock at my door. I shot up, looking next to me forgetting Austin had stayed the night. To my surprise, he wasn't there. Did he leave? I did a quick peek around the room and he was nowhere to be seen. He must've left early. Thankfully, because I didn't even think to set an alarm last night.

I figured it was safe to open my door for whoever was knocking. I twisted the handle, and I found Gina on the other side, smiling.

"Hey," I said, still wondering where Austin went.

"Sorry, I know it's early." What time was it? The slight hangover I was feeling wasn't any true indicator. "Well, early for us with the night we had." She snickered. "I was just wondering if you'd want to get a late breakfast? I have a feeling the other girls aren't going to wake up anytime soon"

"You're right about that," I agreed. "Gergana doesn't wake up until noon even without drinking. She might not be up until dinner. But yeah, let me get dressed."

I hastily got ready, just throwing on a casual outfit. I combed out my hair and threw a little makeup on just to look alive and mask the aching I was feeling from last night. Gina was in the living room waiting for me by the time I was done. We headed out and went towards the lobby of the hotel.

"Do you have any place in mind for breakfast?" I asked.

"I don't know, I was thinking somewhere nearby the hotel," she suggested. "I thought I saw a little coffee shop when we first got here."

"I'm sold just on the words coffee shop."

The walk there only took a few minutes, and the young man working got us seated quickly. I looked over the menu not feeling much of an appetite just yet but knew I'd need some serious caffeine.

Just then, a girl busted through the door and the man who seated us didn't look pleased. I barely heard their conversation but it sounded like she was late to work.

"Skyler?" Gina said, gaining back my attention.

I snapped my head back to look at her. "Sorry, I must be more tired than I thought."

She giggled, playing with one of her black strands of hair. "It's okay, but I was saying I wanted to get a late breakfast with you to tell you personally what an incredible weekend I'm having already. Not many people would do this for me, and I just wanted to let you know I'm grateful and treat you out."

"Gina, there's no need to thank me," I assured. "I love doing these things for you, but I'm happy to hear you're having a good time. I refuse to be responsible for a lousy bachelorette party."

"With you in charge?" She winked. "Never."

The girl from earlier appeared at our table ready to take our order. I asked for five shots on ice with sweetener and breve. I was pulling out the big guns today on caffeine because Lord knew I'd need it. Gina got a cappuccino and a white chocolate, blackberry scone. Which sounded amazing, but I couldn't stomach it right now.

After having my coffee and a nibble of Gina's scone, I was feeling better – thankfully. I might have a fighting chance to get through this day after all.

We made our way back to the hotel, getting up to our room to find that none of the other girls were awake as predicted.

Gina and I went to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee for the girls in hopes the smell might wake them. They'd also need it to get moving at some point today also.