Chapter 30

Getting lost in the casino was easier than I anticipated. We weren't able to track down any of the girls for so long that we ended up ordering a drink to help aid us in our search. Eventually, we did find the other girls – together. They somehow all ended up at the roulette table. It looked like Jacqui was winning some big bucks because they were watching her and cheering her on.

When we got to their side, Gergana turned towards us. "You guys came at the perfect time! Jacqui has already won a thousand dollars!"

"What!" Gina and I shouted at the same time.

Gergana was sneaking glances at the table. "I know! She is betting it all right now too!"

"Hasn't she ever heard of knowing when to hold em' and when to fold em'?" I asked.

Gergana shrugged. "She doesn't seem to care."

Jacqui looked back to me, having overheard us. "I'm an all-in kind of girl."

"Good because you've got all your good luck charms by you now," Gina said with an encouraging tone.

We all watched Jacqui wide-eyed as she put her chips on the square marked with a double zero.

Rachel gasped. "Oh my God! What are you doing?"

The dealer even gave her a raised brow at her decision.

"What's the big deal?" I asked. I didn't understand the significance of the number she chose to gamble everything on.

"If you bet on double zero you win thirty-five times the amount you put down," Cynthia explained.

"So, if she put down five-dollars and it landed on double zero she'd win one hundred and seventy-five dollars?" I asked making sure I understood.

She nodded.

I realized how much she'd win with her current bet, and I nearly dropped my drink on the floor. "Wait, so if she wins this she'll win,"

Jacqui interrupted me to answer. "Thirty-five thousand dollars, baby!" She did an excited jump where she stood. "Let's spin that wheel!"

Now suddenly completely sucked in, we all surrounded the table, getting as close as we could. We all cheered her on as the dealer gave the wheel a hard spin and it made a buzzing sound. He threw the small white ball onto it and we all watched, nearly biting our fingernails in anticipation. It felt like it spun for hours!

Just land on something already! I can't take the suspense!

Then it started to slow, and we all clung to each other and time slowed with it. With each bounce, my heart thudded watching the ball skid across each number over and over, until eventually, it popped up and landed onto the green double zero on the wheel.

Instantly, we all screamed and began jumping and grabbing each other from excitement. None of us could believe she had actually done it! Jacqui was about to start crying but looked too shocked to let a tear fall. All our screaming attracted a crowd and eventually, strangers started congratulating her. We had dozens of people now cheering and screaming along with us. I swore even the dealer was on a high from her win. He eventually paid her out and gave her congratulations as she collected her chips to have them convert them into a check.

We were in a swarm of chatter around Jacqui and how we couldn't believe that just happened.

"Needless to say, ladies," Jacqui called out to us. "All drinks will be on me tonight!"

 "All drinks will be on me tonight!"