Chapter 40

We managed to make it outside, and immediately we were pulled off to the side for photographs as a wedding party. All the other guests were escorted to the reception area in the banquet hall room. I had forgotten that this would be a part of today's events and that we'd all be forced to take photos in all different combinations.

Austin's friend, Adam, eventually called out for there to be a photo of just me and Austin since we were the maid of honor and the best man. I swore Austin shot him daggers, and his friend smirked but urged us to take the photo knowing we couldn't protest. Did he know about us?

We both handled the photo as best as one could expect. Both of us plastering on fake smiles, trying not to seem too tense. Standing close, but not too close. Looking happy, but not happy enough.

Once we were done, I sprinted away as far as I could. I felt like the whole time I'd been holding my breath unable to breathe. Gergana found me, staying by my side, offering me a small piece of chocolate she had stashed in her clutch. After last night, I couldn't.

Not long after, we were finally able to start heading inside the venue. Gina and Jace stayed outside since they were going to wait to be introduced.

I groaned internally knowing I'd lose most of Gergana's attention once we sat down because Thomas was waiting inside for her. But I was also excited to meet him. I just needed to keep my happy façade going and make a good first impression.

I'd went to find our table, and of course, the wedding party was all seated together. I guess I'd just have to hide away on the dance floor or pray Austin would instead. However, I did learn one thing once we all sat down. He didn't bring a date. Thank God.

There was a crew setting up an elaborate DJ set and I knew it was for Zedd's performance.

Once they were finished, one of the men went to the mic and announced in Gina and Jace as Mr. and Mrs. Myers for the first time, and again everyone cheered. Drinks started to get served and finger foods were set up for everyone to help themselves to. I was even surprised to see who all the other wedding guests were. Thanks to Jace being in the music industry there were some other well-known musicians walking around. It explained the paparazzi outside even more now. I normally would've fangirled and had a blast going to say hi, but I couldn't get excited about it.

This time I looked at Gergana. "I'm ready for a drink now."

"Let's go grab them," she said looking back at Thomas. She'd introduced us right as we sat down, and he was as sweet as ever. Again, I was surrounded by love. Oh, joy... "You want anything?" she asked him.

"Just a beer, babe, thanks," he said, kissing her on the cheek.

We went to get up, and I saw Austin already heading towards the bar. Gergana stopped me. "You know what, stay here. Thomas and I will get them for us."

I nodded too willingly.

Gina was sitting almost across from me as Jace went to grab their drinks too.

"Gina this wedding is incredible," I said, turning towards her. "All the details everything."

"All thanks to you and Austin," she sang, overjoyed. "You two made sure my vision came to life. And you two picked the centerpieces, remember?"

Oh yeah...the lights. I peeked at them and felt a lump in my throat.

I nodded, choking it back. Don't get emotional over centerpieces. "Are you excited for Zedd?"

She scoffed. "Is the sky blue? Hell yeah!"

"I'm pretty excited too." I giggled, wanting to be just as excited as she was.