Chapter 24

Laying there in bed that night with Austin I expected to fall asleep immediately. It was late and with the night we had, I should've been dreaming along with him. Instead, I was wide awake. Unable to ignore the shift I never expected to feel between me and Austin. We laid there together, his arms wrapped around me like they always were, but this time it was different. Some sense of a cliché feeling ran through me. Like I now felt we were connected in a way I never knew possible.

It thrilled me to no end, and I haven't felt this close to someone in a long time. Possibly ever. But at the same time, I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a prickle on the back of my neck each time that I thought about it. A feeling that served as a reminder that this also terrified me.

            When I awoke the next morning, Austin was already awake watching the news on the tv

When I awoke the next morning, Austin was already awake watching the news on the tv. Events from the night before replayed in my head and it made me weak even just laying here. I rolled over to peek at him, and he shifted his attention to me, watching me tentatively.

"Good morning," I said.

He continued to study me like he was waiting for something. "Morning," he finally said back.

I realized he probably thought I was going to wake up regretting last night because we'd been drinking and smoking. Despite trying to convince him last night, part of him now, in a clear mindset, was still worried. I wanted to laugh.

"What happened last night?" I asked, deciding to fuck with him just a little. His eyes hardened as if seeing right through my trick. I let out a laugh, letting him know his suspicions were right. "I'm only kidding." I playfully pushed myself up and crawled on top of him, straddling my legs around him. I felt him relax a little. "Last night was fun."

He leaned himself back, placing his hands on my hips. "I'd have to agree, but I still kind of feel like a dick about it."

"Why?"

"Because you were drunk and high. I shouldn't have,"

I groaned. "Stop being so chivalrous. It's annoying."

He rolled his eyes at my jab. "It's just not how I imagined it going," he confessed.

"How'd you imagine it?" I quirked an eyebrow, newly intrigued.

He shrugged, rubbing his thumbs along my hips where his hands were rested. "I guess pretty close to how it did happen just less alcohol involved."

I bit my lip, looking down at him, noticing that his hair was still messy from sleep. Mmm. I wouldn't mind messing it up even more. "Well, we can always do it again," I offered. My hands ran themselves over his chest. "Clear-headed this time. You know, if you want a redo."

My offer now had him trailing his eyes down the front of me, holding onto me with a firmer grip. "Yeah?"

I nodded and dipped down to place my lips against his. They tasted as if he'd just smoked a cigarette not long ago, but from him, I didn't mind it. I deepened the kiss more, tangling my fist into his hair, tugging at it, causing him to nip at my bottom lip. My hips shifted in his lap feeling the hardening of his cock through his boxers.