Chapter 32

To my luck, the show started, and had me at its mercy because somehow, I was able to get lost in the performance in front of me. Singing along to every Beatles song they played, loving every single minute of it. In the corner of my eye, I could see the other girls dancing in their seats unable to resist, and I felt the same. The show was contagious making you want to run down and perform along with them. When the show finally ended, we all pouted and fake cried that it was over.

"Think they'll come out for an encore performance?" Jacqui asked as we headed out of the venue.

I grumbled. "I wish! That was so good! I can't believe I've deprived myself of seeing a show like that my whole life! Never again!" I vowed.

The moment we got outside cold air blew past us as we waited for our Uber.

"Are we calling it a night, or should we go to a club?" Cynthia asked.

I was selfishly crossing my fingers they'd call it a night seeing as it was nearing eleven pm, but if Gina wanted to go out, it'd take priority.

"Call me an old woman," Gina began, "but I say we go back to the hotel, order a bunch of desserts from room service, and drink all the champagne that's left before tomorrow."

For a moment, it was silent then Gergana squealed. "That sounds amazing! Oh my God. I saw they had this tiramisu on the menu that I've been dying to get."

All the other girls chimed in saying what desserts they'd want and how it was only right that we polish off the rest of the alcohol since Austin did pay for it. I tried not to seem too excited over the choice of the night, but half skipped into the Uber when it showed up.

When we got to the hotel, we all quickly changed and had champagne flowing by the time room service arrived with all the desserts we ordered. The waiter came in with a rolling cart and unloaded the massive haul we asked for. We all drooled over it not hesitating to dig in, giggling and moaning over how delicious it all was.

I'd been so distracted that I forgot to keep an eye on the time and saw it was ten minutes to midnight.

Shit.

I texted Austin it might be closer to twelve-thirty before I could sneak away. Surely, by then, the girls would be in a food and champagne coma.

He texted me back saying okay, and I decided to cut myself off of all the temptation in the room. After a few minutes, the food was gone and everyone was laying back, stuffed just as I predicted.

I knew I needed to still change into the outfit Austin requested I wore. "I think I'm going to turn in for the night," I said.

They all looked at me, nodding. Rachel and Cynthia both announced they were as well. Good. Less eyes I'd have to get past.

I went into my room and locked the door, quickly changing into the slutty outfit, then realized there was no way I was walking through a hotel wearing this! They'd think I was Bruce's prostitute. I rummaged through my suitcase trying to find something to wear over it but all my clothes were too tight to just throw on over. Wait! I remembered I had a large coat that I'd tossed out of my suitcase when we first got here. It wasn't cold enough to have to wear it like I'd thought, but it would be the perfect size to cover me up.

I threw it on, then looked in the mirror. You could still see my black stockings and high heels, but in Vegas this could pass for normal wear at night. I touched up my makeup and fluffed out my hair.

When I checked my phone again, I saw it was twelve-thirty and that Austin had texted.

Austin: