Chapter 11

The next day, I had got to Gina's wedding party half an hour late. There was an accident on the freeway here. A minor fender bender, but it still set traffic back for miles until they could move the cars off the road.

Thank God there was a valet here or finding a parking spot in this bustling area of Calabasas was going to set me back another thirty minutes at best.

The restaurant she was having us meet at was called, Notte Stellata. It was new to me. I usually never came out this way, but I knew enough about it to know that I needed to dress up more than I typically would. I dug through my closet all morning but eventually went with an outfit I still had the tags on, and for good reason. It was a dress. A tight short dress at that. The straps were like strings and the front fell into a deep v helping show off some cleavage. The bottom fell to my mid-thigh, making me no longer able to bend over at any point in the day. I'd originally bought it because it was posh and sexy and the most beautiful gold color. I convinced myself I could pull it off, but then once I got home, I kept making excuses not to wear it. I never found the confidence needed to show off more skin than I was used to. Now I didn't have much choice. It was the closest thing I had that'd be to the upscale caliber of this restaurant.

However, I would be lying if I said I wasn't also wearing it so I could strut around in it in front of Austin. Again, I had no right to be mad that he was kissing some other girl yesterday, nor did I really truly care, but still, it was in poor taste doing it right after me.

One good thing that did come out of all of this was that it made it very easy to decide that the fun was over between us, but not before I gave him a piece of my mind while looking hot as hell. Plus, it's not like I needed a fling right now, like at all! No matter how exciting it had been. Or how amazing his hands felt on me. No. Focus! Any future conversations between us would be strictly for the wedding, then after that, we'd go back to not knowing one another.

After the valet guy left with my car, I walked up the small flight of stairs and strutted inside. Unsure of where they'd all be, I needed to be on my A-game just in case. The hostess at the front entry greeted me with a smile. Behind her, I could see small bits of the restaurant and already I could sense the rustic Italian aesthetic that made this place so desirable. Overhead they played gentle music making you feel like you really were stepping into Rome.

"Hi," I began. "I'm here for Jace and Gina's party."

The young woman walked around the small podium. "Ah, yes! I'll show you the way. The elevator can always be a bit tricky to find."

Elevator?

"Okay," I said, deciding not to question her.

She took me past the actual restaurant where I expected us to be going towards, but instead down a hallway to the right, and around a couple turns, until sure enough, right ahead was the elevator. Wow. Okay. Maybe this restaurant was multiple stories? She pressed the button and the doors opened, already waiting.

"Just hit the top button," she instructed.

"Okay," I said, still confused. I walked inside, hoping this wasn't a trick and I wasn't about to actually get murdered. "Thank you," I quickly added, then the doors closed. I hit the button and the elevator began moving up. It only took a few seconds until it stopped and the doors opened again.

Immediately, I was met with the sounds of loud chatter and more light music playing in the back. When I stepped out, I realized we were on the roof of the restaurant. From what I saw already, the view was incredible being so high up, allowing us to look out over the city. Greenery modestly decorated the rooftop, allowing for the Italian décor to shine through. Again, Gina outdid herself. People were already mingling everywhere with food and drinks being served from several stations that were spread out.