Chapter 22

I got out of the shower, finding that Austin's stylist was in the living room with racks of clothes set up with different outfit options for him. I'd never seen a musician get styled, but it was almost like watching a makeover reality show. Austin was always stylish but steadily in a casual fashion. All the options set up now were a little flashier than I would've expected, but I was dying to see them on him.

I eventually left him to finish getting ready to find an outfit for myself. His stylist kept offering to get me an outfit too but it wasn't necessary. Digging through my luggage I knew I had to have something in here. First, I pulled out a pair of high waisted black distressed jeans. Then finding a top proved to be challenging. I had two options of a yellow tank with thin straps or a grey button-up with short sleeves. After holding each one up to me a dozen times, I just flung the tank to the suitcase and went with the button up. I only linked the middle three buttons letting the top ones stay open to show some cleavage. The bottom buttons I left undone so I could tie each side into a knot and fashion a crop top of out if. I went into the bathroom and decided to play up my makeup a little more than I usually did but left my hair straight down. Once I threw on a pair of black heels, I figured it was all good enough for a dive bar.

Walking down the hallway, I could hear voices from the living room. It sounded like Austin was just about finished getting ready himself. He eventually came into view, and I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Holy shit," I whispered to myself.

He – looked – so – good.

For a moment, I needed to collect myself, and not give off the impression that I was totally eye-fucking him and drooling.

"H-hey," I forced out.

Austin turned around from giving himself one last look over in the mirror stationed in the room, and I had to bite my lip. Christ on a cracker. He was pure sex to me right now. He was dressed in a matching pant and jacket set that was a deep navy blue, with a black shirt underneath. But the jacket and pants were completely customized with designs ranging from inspiration from tattoos he had to his initials and past logos he used on his albums. Not to mention, it fit him like a goddamn glove. The outfit looked like it had to have cost more than my house payment.

"You look," I started to say, but had to find the appropriate words. "Really cool in that outfit."

He smirked. "Cool?"

I bit my lip again, nodding, trying to let him know what I actually thought.

"And you combed your hair back," I noted.

He kept his attention on me, probably loving how unnerved I was by the sight of him. "Yeah, a lot of people say I clean up well," he said nonchalantly.

His stylist came walking towards us. "Looks like my work here is done." She placed her hands on her hips satisfied. "I'm going to get going. Good luck, tonight."

He gave her a wave goodbye and for a moment we were left alone.

I got close enough to him so that he could hear me whisper. "The things I want to do to you right now."

He looked around again checking to make sure we were still alone. He reached a hand around my waist and leaned in to sneak a kiss. It was quick but passionate. I almost wanted to protest when he pulled away, but just then Bruce walked in.

"The car is here," he announced. "Dre said he is already at the venue getting everything squared away."

Austin looked back at me. "It's showtime."