Chapter 20

The flight there was quick, thankfully. Less than an hour if I timed it correctly. Luckily, I was able to keep to myself until we were on the runaway. Bruce was escorting us out and into another black SUV. We all piled in and Dre announced the address to where we'd be staying to the driver. I remember Austin saying it'd be some kind of beach house.

The drive there was less than thirty minutes. We had all managed to keep a civil and light conversation, mostly sticking to how beautiful the city was. When the driver announced we had arrived, I was eager to get a glimpse of the house now.

What I found nearly made my jaw drop.

This was not a beach house. This was a beach mansion! Like something Tony Stark lived in! What the hell? I didn't want to admit it out loud, but I was worried about there being four of us that it'd feel a little cramped in the beach house if I wanted to get time alone with Austin. Now seeing how huge this place was, I wouldn't be surprised if we never ran into each other once.

Bruce got out of the car first and made sure the area was secure before our driver came around and let us out.

There was a man near the front door that looked like a butler or server waiting for us. Dre walked up to him first.

"The owner of the house is delighted to have you all staying here," the butler man said. "My name is Charles and I'll be here to get you anything you may need. Food, drinks, you name it, and I'll make sure it's provided."

Austin and I walked up beside him. "Sounds great," Austin said.

Charles opened the front door, letting us in, and the inside nearly made me topple over. The decoration was a mix of modern and vintage. Everything was black and white with accents of gold. It all looked expensive, making me afraid to touch anything.

Off to the side was a tray of flutes of champagne and Charles grabbed them to offer us each a glass. We all took one and somehow, Austin had his chugged by the time I took one sip.

"There are six bedrooms," Charles said. "Choose as you may, but there is only one master bedroom. Although, I assure you that all the other rooms will be sure to please any expectations you have."

"Dibs on the master," Austin called out.

Dre rolled his eyes. "Shocker. I'll go scout out a room then. Let's just make sure to meet out here in a few so we can head to the venue to start rehearsals."

"Yeah, yeah," Austin said, waving him off.

Charles looked at Austin. "The master will be on this side," he said, pointing to the opposite side of the house that Dre had headed towards. Thank God. "I'll make sure your bags are brought there."
"Want me to help you find a room?" Austin asked me.

"Sure, although by the sounds of it, it didn't seem like it'd be too hard considering how many there are to choose from."

"I'll have your bags brought to your room as well," Charles told me.

"Thank you."

Austin began leading us towards to direction Charles said the master was, and I was hoping he was going to make sure he got me a room close to his. Mostly because at some point, I was going to have a few questions for him. Right when we were away from everyone, hidden in the hallways, Austin reached his hand back and grabbed mine into his. A pathetic smile played on my lips as I let him lead us hand in hand.

He stopped us in front of a set of double doors. "I think this is the master." He opened one of the doors and swung it open.

Instantly, you could tell it was. The room was massive. One wall was a giant floor to ceiling window overlooking the ocean. Light flooded the room, warming it to the perfect temperature. A four-poster bed sat on the opposite side adorned with plush blankets and pillows. The decoration in here mirrored the rest of the house, and I wondered how much just the dresser alone cost.