Chapter 37

The next morning, I laid in Austin's bed, making no sudden movements to get up. I was worn out, to say the least. Ever since Austin caved, we fucked two or three more times...I think. Honestly, I couldn't tell after a while because we hardly stopped.

Not to mention, I was slightly sore from how hard we were going at it.

Again, worth every moment though.

Austin was propped up in the bed next to me watching the morning news and had lit up a joint. The scent instantly filled the room.

My foot playfully rubbed against his, loving how we were able to just lay here contently with one another. Eventually, he tucked himself down close next to me, and I turned over towards him, unable to help my smile.

"Can I be honest about something?" he asked. His hand found its way to my hip.

"I'd prefer you be honest about everything." I giggled.

His lips perked up into a half-smile. "I had fun last night."

I felt the smile gleam through my eyes. "So did I." However, I was wondering if he meant at the gala or all the wild animalistic sex we had.

"Mostly because we didn't really have to hide," he explained, answering my thoughts. "I enjoyed us going out, uh, in public together. Doing other things than wedding planning."

I bit my lip knowing I had felt the same thing last night. Was it possible we both felt that electricity in the air while we got to freely be ourselves without hiding? I thought that it might've just been me letting go of my fears of the public talking about us. But maybe there was something more to it. I knew I wanted more of it though.

"I know what you mean," I confessed. "And somehow the tabloids haven't made a complete spectacle about us being photographed together either, which I wasn't expecting." I would've known if they had because there was no way Gergana would've kept it to herself.

"Sometimes those tabloids have bigger fish to fry. They only care when you're the most interesting thing at the moment. And since there was other gossip more fascinating than us standing together for a photo, we fell to the wayside."

I smirked. "Well maybe, um, uh, after the wedding, we can consider going out more." I had no idea if I was being too presumptuous, but I meant it. The offer to him caused my heart to stammer inside my chest, fully prepared to be shot down.

That was until he said, "If you're okay with it."

I let out an internal sigh. "Austin, I am. I promise. I know I've had my struggles, but I was serious before about not being so uptight about them. Last night proved that not caring is rather freeing. And not everyone is going to try and turn me into another notch on your belt so to say."

"And what if they eventually do?" he quizzed.

My eyes took him in, savoring the man, I knew inside and out. "Despite what they have to say, I don't think I'd ever be prouder to be associated with any man other than you. It's like you've said. People create a version of you that they want, but I know you, and you know me. People can imagine us to be whoever they want to, but whatever they say, I don't care. Same goes with our friends. Even if whatever we are is complicated, I know that I..." but I stopped myself. I wasn't sure what I was about to say. I was caught up in professing my thoughts to him on the subject that I almost said... I don't know what I almost said. But I needed to stop there before I said anything I couldn't take back.

Austin leaned farther into me, cupping my face, his blue eyes taking me in. "So, after the wedding, it's agreed...I'm taking you on a first real date."