Chapter 5

Later that night I was feeling restless. I couldn't exactly put my finger on it. It was nearing eleven at night and I wasn't the least bit tired. I'd already rearranged my bookcases and cleaned out my fridge and pantry. Answered my email from my editor Audrey about some of the feedback she was getting from the publishers.

Nothing was tiring me out as I'd hoped, so I gave up, deciding to make a nighttime tea and put on a movie.

Halfway through, I finally felt my muscles start to relax and I was able to get snuggled into the pillows on my couch. I hated that for a moment, I missed Cole's couch. I groaned, but then felt my phone begin to buzz. Optimistically, I thought it was him, but I found Gina's name on my screen instead. She was the last person I expected to be calling.

"Hey Gina," I answered.

"Oh please, tell me I didn't wake you!" she said in an eager tone on the other end.

"I wish," I groaned. "What time is it over there?"

"About six in the morning."

"Damn." I remember Gina telling me the time difference but it was still crazy knowing she was technically a day ahead of me. "How is it adjusting to the time change?"

"Horrible," she said miserably. "But I already know once I do get used to it it'll be time to come back, so you know." She sighed before she went silent for a moment. "Anywho, I called for a reason; I promise. Not just to complain about the time change. I wanted to ask you how it went today at the florist." Her tone became more upbeat.

"Oh shit, I never texted you!" I blame Austin...or Cole. I wasn't sure.

"Don't worry about it, just update me!"

My mind immediately went back to my time with Austin there. Yeah, we bickered and he was a little cocky, but he also surprised me. "It went really well."

"I got an email from the florist. She told me about Austin and your feedback, and it seems like things are set with her. Which is a huge relief."

"Good, I'm glad we could help." I fluffed up one of my pillows, readjusting my head to hold my phone better.

"Although she did mention you and Austin were a little entertaining at times." A giggle had crept up in her tone.

Of course, she did. "Yeah, thanks for the heads up on him coming by the way," I spat, rubbing my temple. "I'll admit we may have started a little rocky."

"I'm sorry, Jace didn't tell me he had told Austin to go too until the last minute. Plus, have I already mentioned how much I appreciate you?" I could hear her smile through the phone. "And if Austin is giving you any trouble just let me know and I'll have Jace tell him to tone it down. I know his personality can take some getting used to but,"

I cut her off. "That's not necessary. I promise. Yes, it started off rocky but honestly, by the end of it, Austin really came through. I'll deny ever saying it but he...impressed me today."

Gina was quiet for a moment, then said, "Wow. I won't lie that's not what I was expecting you to say."

"Trust me, me either." I shrugged even though she couldn't see. "I don't know. Despite his attitude sometimes, this whole wedding planning partnership might not be so impossible."

"You have no idea how happy that makes me," she said. "I can't wait to tell Jace that you two might not kill each other after all."

"Ha-ha," I mocked. "Where is Jace anyway?"

"He just left to go to a business meeting. He'll be gone most of the day, which I don't mind too much honestly because the hotel we're staying at is incredible!" Her excitement grew. "We're on the top floor with a pool and I get this place, plus room service, all to myself. It'll be perfect in helping me get our guest list for the wedding finished so I can send out our Save the Dates. Which I plan to do today."