Chapter 34

I rushed to pack an overnight bag, making sure to grab my laptop too. Packing wasn't too hard since I hadn't unpacked anything since getting home. Quickly, I freshened up and touched up my makeup, and was officially on my way to his house. I still had to use my gps to navigate there.

I stopped outside his gate and texted him to let me in. Seconds passed and the gate didn't budge. My phone buzzed and I looked down to find he texted me back the code instead. For a second, I was taken aback that he trusted me with the code to his house, but at the same time smitten by it. I punched it in and the gates opened before I drove through.

His house expanded and towered on the property. It caused my jaw to drop each time I saw it. I parked my car behind his and grabbed my bag from the passenger seat. I walked up the stairs leading to the front door, and before I could knock Austin was there opening the door for me.

How was it only this morning that we were in bed in Vegas together? We'd only been apart a short while and I already had butterflies storming, nerves flaring, heat creeping, all at the sight of him just standing there. God, I needed to get a grip...or not.

He swept me up, taking my bag for me and used his other arm to grip me by my waist and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

Chills ran down my spine reaching my toes.

"Come on," he said. "We're hanging out upstairs tonight."

I let out a sigh of relief and let him drag me up, hand in hand. "Thank God because I am exhausted after this weekend."

"Me too," he confessed. "I figured my bed was the perfect place for us to spend the rest of the day."

"Agreed."

We reached his room and his door was already open. The sound of a movie or tv show was playing with the room smelling like he'd just smoked a cigarette. Unsurprisingly. He put my bag next to the bed and climbed up before propping himself onto his side. I kicked off my shoes and got onto it with him.

"What are you watching?" I asked, turning towards the tv.

He gripped me at my waist bringing me in closer to him until our bodies were pressed together, making me grin.

"John Wick," he said.

"Good choice."

"I thought so." He tugged me to roll over so that I was facing him. When my eyes met his, he was already smiling down at me. "Did you have fun this weekend?"

I giggled thinking back to all of it. "Definitely. Wouldn't have changed a single thing."

The way he started to look at me softened. I assumed he was thinking back on his time there too. "Me either."

My hand snacked around him, slowly drawing patterns along his back. "You know we got lucky out there."

A lust crept into his expression. "I'd say."

"No," I laughed. "I mean yeah we did, but I meant we got lucky we didn't get caught. It almost happened twice, I might add."

"Almost being the keyword."

"Yes," I said and hesitated a moment. I dared to be honest about how I'd truly been feeling about it ever since we got back. The whole sneaking around thing was hard to shake today. It was like this weekend was eye-opening on just how much we were hiding from our friends, and how much it sucked having to. "I think it's just because it gets a little exhausting, ya know? Having to lie and pretend, which I'm sure neither of us is used to doing with our friends." My hand stilled. "And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't becoming more comfortable around you too. I didn't think it'd be so hard to not touch you or just talk to you the way I normally do."