Chapter Forty-Six*

I looked back in the mirror, frowning at Luke. "It does not make me look paler." I counter. He claimed the dress I was trying on made me paler but I think it made me tanner. "No, it does." Ashton says with a mouth full of pizza. "You're not supposed to have food in here smart stuff." I say, going back inside the dressing room. I come out in another dress. This was navy blue, like almost everything else I owned.

"What about this one?" "Too wintry for Australia." I groan, going back inside the room and changing. "Then we have to go to yet another store." I say, following them out.

We walk into a new store, more prom dresses hanging on the walls. "Choose." I motion, getting in the long line for the dressing room. Note to self; don't shop during prom season. I'm 2 people away from a dressing room and Luke and Ashton come over with 3 dresses each. They were spring like, very pretty. "These should hopefully work for the award show, I don't understand why you can't just do designer though." Ashton says.

"Because knowing me, I'll rip it sometime during the night." "You will not." Luke shook his head. The first award show I ripped the zipper on my dress, having to get it fixed in the car, the second one the bottom tule ripped off, I just don't have good luck in dresses. "But designer means well made, these aren't that well-made." Ashton points out.

I rolled my eyes, going into the room, Luke and Ashton taking a seat on the bench outside it. I come out in a two piece, the top beige with black lace, the bottom black tulle, frowning. "This is the only one that fit." I mumble. "It's gonna have to work because we need to get to the airport to go to Australia." Luke says, looking up from his phone.

"It looks good." He smiles. "Really?" He nods. "Then let's buy it and go. I've gone over my yearly shopping hour." "What?" Ashton asks. "I give myself 1 hour to shop every year just so I have clothes and such that aren't too old fashioned, I don't like to shop." "You sure you're not a boy?" "Shut up Ashton." I snap, changing out of the dress. I heard him laugh, throwing him the finger through the curtain.

"Such a lady." He laughs. I hand Luke my dress, changing into my clothes I had worn. I head out, seeing him take back his credit card and frown. He walks over, putting his sunglasses on, pulling me out of the store. "I told you I can pay for my own things." I inform him. "Consider it a gift then." He says, glancing back at Ashton who was on the phone. "Who is he talking to?" I ask. "His mum, Anna is sick." I frown, glancing back at Ashton.

He had creases in his forehead and frown lines by his mouth. We got in the waiting car, going straight to the airport. When we got there, Luke and I got our tickets, along with Ashton's, then went through security. By the time we got to the terminal, Ashton had finally hung up with his mom, but still looked nervous. "Hey. You'll get to see her soon, calm down." I give him a smile.

I know when little babies get sick it could put them in deaths way, but knowing Ashton, Anna hopefully takes after him. Calum, Michael, Harry, Niall, Zayn, Louis, Liam, Zach, Brad, Aaron and Damian head our way, my band looking very hungover. "I told you not to drink so much." I smirk, sitting down next to Luke. Brad just flipped me off, sitting down next to me. "I was mainly speaking to you, too. Brad, drinking heavily probably isn't very good for your chemo." He just rolled his eyes, putting headphones in. Aaron sits down across from me, glancing at Brad.

"The doctor called him this morning and said the scans show that very little has changed. He's tired of the chemo and going back and forth from country to country, he just needs a break." "Don't we all?" I sigh. "You guys still shouldn't have let him drink last night." I mumble, turning back to Aaron. "He wanted to have some fun, just get drunk and forget about everything." "That doesn't mean he should though. He needs to be careful." "I'll keep an eye on him then." Aaron sighs. I give him a smile, leaning my head on Luke's shoulder.

Our flight to Australia was short and event less, then we were rushed to the hotel, getting ready quickly, my dress matching my makeup perfectly.

-

"And the winner is, 5 Seconds of Summer!" The lady announces. The audience erupted into applause, and I stood to give Luke a hug and kiss, hugging the other boys. They went up and thanked everyone for the award, the whole shebang. Luke texts me that they have to stay back there to prep for performing and soon I'm also called back to announce them.

I head out, standing on the stage in the center. "These boys went from being nobodies on YouTube to one of the biggest bands of this year, please welcome 5 Seconds of Summer." I announce with a smile. The camera turns to them, and I go offstage, watching them while I'm handed an envelope.

Their performance was amazing, going without a hitch and when they finished I walked back out with Iggy Azalea.

"This next award I was fortunate enough to win last year, and to be presenting it this year is an absolute honor, especially to be presenting it with Dylan Ryan." Iggy starts. "This award means you're making it out there and doing it right, this is the best opening act award." I say. "Here are he nominations." Iggy says before the clips start.

5 Seconds of Summer

Vance Joy

Ricki-Lee Coulter

Samantha Jade

"And the winner is..." I say. "5 Seconds of Summer!" Iggy and I say simultaneously. They come from backstage, not having enough time to get back to their seats. We give them hugs, Luke kissing me quickly before they give their acceptance speech.

--

"Congrats." I smile, meeting the guys after the award show at the car. "Thank you!" Ashton smiled, opening the door for us. I stuff my skirt in, laughing at how much space I take up in the car.

We go back to the hotel, going straight to our rooms. I take off my makeup, changing into shorts and a T-shirt, collapsing on the bed. "My feet kill." I groan, rubbing them. "Those shoes are fucking tall. If you weren't complaining I'd take you somewhere to make sure you aren't an alien." I rolled my eyes, sitting up. "Can you believe there's only a week left of tour?" I ask.

He shakes his head, sitting beside me. "What are we gonna do after I go on my tour?" I ask. "Be that cheesy couple who call at 4 in the morning." He cracks a grin. "I'm being serious Luke." I groan, laying back. "I know. And we have time to think about this. So don't worry about it right now." He says, kissing my temple. I nod, curling into him.

I hear his breathing begin to slow as the minutes pass by but I can't take my mind off of what happened the last time.