Chapter Thirty*

It's been a week since Blake woke up and I haven't talked to anyone on the tour except my band, telling them to keep performing in my place or just come off the tour altogether. "Dylan, don't let a fight between you and Luke keep you from pursuing your dream." Blake says, grabbing a card from the 'pond'. "Do you have a 7?" I ask. "Go fish." I grab a card.

"I'm not letting that do that. I'm making sure my brother gets better, is that a crime?" "No... Do you have a three?" I hand him my three and he puts down his match. "An ace?" I ask. He hands me one and I put down my last match. "I win." I grin. "You never lose, how?" He frowns. "I'm a card shark." I shrug. My phone begins ringing and I grab it, reading Harry's name.

I climb off the bed, leaving the room and pressing answer. "Hello?" I ask. "Hey Dylan, didn't think you'd answer." "I turned my phone back on yesterday." I reply, leaning against a wall. "Are you okay?" "I don't know... Luke kept something so big from me and he's never kept a secret from me except for the surprise, which I bet he's unplanning it right now." "I don't think unplanning is a word." "Shut up Styles." I smile.

"Just, come back soon, we all miss you." "Maybe." I sigh. "Seriously, Luke's being a bitch right now." "Why should I come back to that?" "Because he'll stop acting like a bitch." He says in a duh tone. "You're so sassy. I'll book a flight soon, where will you be on Wednesday?" "New Jersey." "Gotcha. I'll try and book a flight there." "See ya Dylan."

I hang up, going back into Blake's room. Cecilia was taking care of him and he gave me a smile when I came back in. I returned it with a small one, sitting at the foot of his bed. Cecilia leaves and he turns to me. "Harry wants me to come back." I say quietly. "You should." "I'm booking a flight for Wednesday." "Good. But Cecilia wants me to sleep, go home and pack. I'm in good hands."

I give him a smile, squeezing his hand. I drive home, looking up flights when I get to my laptop. The closest one was today. I quickly pack, catching a cab to the airport. Waiting for my flight, I called the hospital, asking them to tell Blake I was flying out to Philly today instead of New Jersey Wednesday.

-

I walked into the arena and saw Luke was fighting with Ashton about something. I walked backstage, trying to go unnoticed. I slip into my dressing room, my band looking up. "Hey." I smile. "Dylan!" Zach smiles, running to give me a hug. The other boys surround me, a group hug in the doorway. "Has Luke been fighting with everyone the past few weeks?" "He got in a fist fight with Calum." Zach grimaces. My eyes widen and I leave the room.

"You got in a fucking fist fight with Calum?" I yell at Luke. Everyone looks at me and Luke gapes at me. "You're back." He finally says. "Calum is your best friend! Why in the world did you get in a fist fight with him?!?!" I ask angrily. "I, um." He tries. I look over at Calum, who's eye was still a little purple. "When?" "About a week and a half ago." Calum answers quietly.

"I'm gone for a month and you fight with everyone on the tour and get in a fist fight with Calum, anything else you want to tell me before I find out from someone else? And why was it Harry who had to call to get me to come back out here and not you? If you're so upset that you're getting in fist fights with your fucking band mates why didn't you call?" I ask angrily. "You knew you could call the hospital to reach me." "Um." He stutters.

I shake my head at him, leaving the stage. "Wait Dylan." He calls following me. He grabs my arm but I wrench it from his grip. "What is your problem?" I snap. "I- just- I don't know!" He says exasperatedly. "Figure it out." I walk back to the dressing room, flipping over the side of the couch face first. "Didn't go too well?" I shake my head. "He's a fucking idiot. That's what he is and it's ridiculous that he's acting this way." I say into the cushion.

"I'm sorry." Comes Aaron's response. "What did they get in a fight over anyway?" I turn my head to face him. "I think Calum told him that you were going to break up with him because he was being a dick and then said something along the lines of being a fuck up or something." "They're both idiots." I groan. "Are you performing tonight?" I shake my head.

He leaves and I'm left alone in the room. "Dylan." Luke comes in. "Go away." I grouch. "Not until you hear me out." "You're deciding to tell me things now? Be my guest! Not saying I'll listen though." I sit up. "When I first ran into you at your house I was going to tell you but then you flipped out on me and stuff, I panicked and didn't tell you." "Great story, best of all I've heard." I snap sarcastically.

"I didn't know how to tell you after all that, so I just didn't." "I don't care." I grab an orange soda from the fridge, leaning against the vanity, staring at Luke. "I know I should have told you and I know I didn't act appropriately." "You still aren't! What's this past tense nonsense?"

"I'm sorry Dylan." "Sorry's not gonna cut it Luke." I look down. He comes over, standing in front of me. "I got frustrated on Calum but he was provoking me." "That's not an excuse to punch someone Luke." I look up at him. "He told me you were going to break up with me then said I was a fuck up and screwing our band." "What he said was out of line but that doesn't mean you punch him."

"I know." He says quietly. "If you know, then why did you punch him?" "I was being an idiot, I just lost it." "You got the idiot part right." I glance up at him. "I'm sorry Dylan." "And I still don't care. Apologize to Cal and everyone on this tour you got in a fight with then maybe I'll think about forgiving you." I leave the room, sitting down side stage to watch my band. Kiera takes a seat beside me.

"Hey." She smiles. "Hey." I give her a small smile. She was pretty big, I still didn't know the gender. "I never asked, is it a boy or girl?" "It's a girl." She smiles. "We're gonna have a little Kiera running around here! Awe." I coo. "Yeah. How're you and Luke?" My smile disappears and she frowns at me. "How bad is it?" "I'm not forgiving him until he apologizes to everyone and he's stubborn so it could be a while. He hates apologizing, even to me." "But he apologizes to you like every day?" "Because he doesn't like being on my bad side." "Then wouldn't he apologize fast?"

"Maybe." I shrug. "He's really lost without you, don't stay apart too long." She advises. "We're that stupid cliche couple that never actually break up, I bet we'll be back together in an hour or something." I laugh.