Chapter Eight**

Song with Clean Bandit linked above^^

I drop down into my chair in the meeting room, completely exhausted. My mind would not shut off last night after Luke left and I got only a few hours of sleep. Everyone files into the room taking their seats, Luke shooting me a smile. I return it faintly, ready to go back home and sleep.

"Alrighty, today's agenda is finalizing travel. We will be taking a bus around to most places, but when flying do we need to account for any extra bodies at this time?" Simon asks, passing out the tour schedule. I look it over, seeing locations and days we would be on the bus and days we'd be flying between countries.

"I shouldn't have anyone to add." I start, looking more at the schedule as everyone told Simon their plans. I hear Luke speak and I look up, glancing at him. He gives me a short smile, turning back to Simon and nodding at what he said. This was about to be an incredibly long tour.

Simon releases us and I head to the recording studio, meeting with the members of Clean Bandit. "Hey!" I greet, all of them looking up. "Hey! You ready to record?" Grace asks, smiling up at me. "Yeah, the lyrics are phenomenal!" I praise, opening the door to the booth. "We're excited to hear what you've got!" Jack says. I put the headphones on, placing the sheet music in front of me.

I've been hearing symphonies
Before all I heard was silence
A rhapsody for you and me
And every melody is timeless
Life was stringing me along
Then you came and you cut me loose
Was solo singing on my own
Now I can't find the key without you

And now your song is on repeat
And I'm dancin' on to your heartbeat
And when you're gone, I feel incomplete
So if you want the truth

I just wanna be part of your symphony
Will you hold me tight and not let go?
Symphony
Like a love song on the radio
Will you hold me tight and not let go?

I'm sorry if it's all too much
Every day you're here, I'm healing
And I was runnin' out of luck
I never thought I'd find this feeling
'Cause I've been hearing symphonies
Before all I heard was silence
A rhapsody for you and me
(A rhapsody for you and me)
And every melody is timeless

And now your song is on repeat
And I'm dancin' on to your heartbeat
And when you're gone, I feel incomplete
So if you want the truth

I just wanna be part of your symphony
Will you hold me tight and not let go?
Symphony
Like a love song on the radio
Will you hold me tight and not let go?

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Ah ah, ah
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Ah ah, ah

And now your song is on repeat
And I'm dancin' on to your heartbeat
And when you're gone, I feel incomplete
So if you want the truth
(Oh, oh, oh)

I just wanna be part of your symphony
Will you hold me tight and not let go?
Symphony
Like a love song on the radio
Symphony
Will you hold me tight and not let go?
Symphony
Like a love song on the radio
Will you hold me tight and not let go?

We go through the song a few different times, trying out different things until they are happy with it. "That was amazing, again, thank you so much for doing this with us," Luke says. "Of course! Let me know if you ever want to collab again, this was great!" I say before waving goodbye. I head out to my car to go to my next dance session, wishing I could just go home to bed. Erika teaches me the next two songs and helps me solidify my first two this session, ready to have me start singing with them next week. I finally am able to head home, ready to collapse.

I let myself into the house, letting out a yelp when someone picks me up and spins me around. I'm put down and look to see who it was, letting out a scowl as I look at Austin. "Don't scare me like that." I walk into the kitchen as he follows, putting my keys on the counter. "How was your day?" He asks, leaning on the counter. "Long." I grab a water bottle from the fridge, cocking an eyebrow at him. "What's up?" I ask, taking a long drink. "Just wanted to see how you were doing." "Fine." I shrug. He narrows his eyes at me, staring. "Spill." I roll my eyes, collapsing on the couch. "Luke and I are just at a weird spot in our friendship and we both still love each other and things are just weird and I hate it." He sits next to me, throwing his arm behind me.

"Well, do you want to get back together?" He asks. I shrug, picking at the water bottle lid. "Dyl, what do you want?" "To not be scared of everything that could go wrong." I sigh, putting the water bottle on the coffee table. "Like, I'm aware of how I feel about Luke, him hurting me didn't change that. But now," I look up, pausing. "Now I have to decide if I love him enough to try dating him again, I really don't think this friend thing is going to work out in our favor, we've tried it before." "He's apologized have a dozen times, you've forgiven him, what's ultimately stopping you?" "Action, I guess? He can talk the talk, but I need to see him walk the talk otherwise I don't think I'll fully trust him, words only go so far." I let out a sigh, feeling better.

"Give him a few weeks, see how it goes, and go from there." I nod, grabbing my water again. Why couldn't life be simple? My phone buzzes and I roll my eyes. I grab it from my pocket, seeing Simon was calling. "Hello?" I question, wondering why he was calling. "Hey, how many tickets did you say you would need for the LA show?" He asks, typing in the background. "Three, for my brothers." "Great, thank you, that was all I needed. Have a good night." "You too." I hang up, leaning back on the couch.

"You seem stressed," Austin says, giving me another look. "I knew this life was stressful but, I don't know, this just seems so much more stressful than everyone makes it seem. I feel like I never get enough sleep or have enough time." "Blake was just as busy as you are when he was in this stage of the tour planning. Give it time, things will get easier. They seemed to rush you into things, next time, it will be much easier." I nod, looking down. "You can always call them and say you need a mental health day, you still are on watch for another six months so they are required by a doctor to allow you a mental health day." "I know, but I think if I take any sort of break I will feel even worse." He nods in understanding, standing. "Well, I need to head back to campus for class but seriously, call me every once in a while. Update me on life. Blake's life is boring." I laugh, seeing him smile. "There's that smile. Go shower, get some sleep, life will still be here when you wake up." I nod, standing and stretching. "I'm gonna eat then shower and sleep, I'm starving." He laughs, leaving.