Chapter Thirty-Six*

"Dylan, Luke, Kiera wants you." Ashton comes out. I slowly get up. We've been here for about 2 hours. I follow him to the room, seeing her sitting on a couch, eating a burger. "This burger is so good, oh my god." She moans. I laugh, and she looks up at me. "Wait, why did I want them?" She asks quietly, I think she was asking herself.

"Godparents." Ashton says quietly. "Right! Dylan, Luke, we want you to be our daughters godparents!" She says excitedly. "Wait, what?" "You have godparents, right? We want you to be our daughters godparents!" She smiles. "Are you being serious? You guys!" I gush, giving them a hug. Kiera groans and I step back. "It's just a contraction." Ashton whispers to me.

"Do, uh, I have to be in here during the birth as a godmother?" "Only if you want." "Let me think on that." Ashton laughs, sitting down next to Kiera. "Need anything?" "Something to make these contractions stop hurting." "You have a few more hours." He frowns. She groans, leaning back. "I'll head out, give everyone an update, tell me when I'm needed or she's close." I give them a smile before leaving, Luke following.

I go back to the waiting room and everyone looks up. "She ate a burger and she's fine." I shrug. "Why'd you have to go back?" Louis asks. "Oh, they wanted me to be the godmother." "And me the godfather." "Whoa, what about me?" Michael asks. "Or me?" Calum complains. We shrug, sitting down.

Luke wraps his arm around me, twisting my hair around his finger.

-

Ashton paced back and forth in front of us, biting his nails. "They're sure she's going to be okay?" I ask Michael quietly, trying not to scare Ashton even more. "I hope so." He mutters. "More for his sake than anyone else."

"Ashton." We all look up. "She's had to go into surgery for a C-Section." The nurse explains. "But she'll be alright in the end?" "Most likely yes, but there is a small percentage that she won't." Theres nurses for you, telling you things to stress you out even more. Ashton visibly pales, and I lead him over to my chair.

"Ash, Kiera's strong, she'll make it through this. Okay?" "I want to be back there so bad, but since we aren't married I'm not allowed!" He smacks the arm of the chair he was sitting in, putting his face in his hands.

-

I held Ashton as he cried, blinking back my own tears. "I'm so sorry Ashton." I whisper. "You told me she was strong! That she could make it through this!" He yells, sobs wracking his body. "Ash, don't take it out on -" I put my hand up to stop Luke. "Let him take his anger out." I tell him. "We were supposed to raise her together! Not one of us but both of us!" He shouts. "I know." I mumble.

"We were supposed to eventually get married! Have more kids! End up with grandkids! Now she doesn't even get to see her own kid!" He shouts. We let him rant like that for a good hour before he ran out of energy and passed out on the small couch.

"Is Mr. Irwin ready to see his daughter?" A nurse steps in. "He's asleep." I tell her. "Then are the godparents ready?" "What? Oh, um, we'll wait until he wakes up. I want him to be the first to see his daughter." I mumble. "Go see her." Ashton mumbles, giving us a shoo motion with his hand.

Luke and I follow the nurse to the nursery. "Here she is." She smiles, pointing down to a small baby girl. I smile down at the small infant, sleeping peacefully in the crib. "She looks so much like Ashton." Luke says. I nod, the baby opening and closing her mouth a few times. "I don't want to think of how Ashton would have reacted if she looked like Kiera." I mumble, leaning against Luke. Soon, Ashton comes in, looking over at us. I give him a small smile,watching him walk up.

He looks down at his daughter, crouching down to be closer. "You can hold her if you'd like." The nurse says. Ashton visibly tenses, and I put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "You first." Ashton says, his voice wavering. I carefully pick up the baby, watching her big eyes blink, staring at the world around her.

"Ready?" I ask Ashton. He nods slowly. I carefully hand the baby over, Ashton looking down at his daughter, a small smile growing on his face. "Hi there. I'm your daddy." He says softly, I smile, Luke twining our fingers together.

The baby grabbed Ashton's finger, gripping it, and Ashton smiled. "What's her name?" I ask. "Anna." He smiles. The baby makes a small smile. "I think she likes her name." I grin. "Hi Anna." Ashton tickles Anna, causing the baby to squirm and smile. "You're really good with kids." I tell him as he sets Anna back down.

"I do have a little brother and sister." He turns to me. "You guys will help right? I don't have to do this all alone?" "We all will Ash, don't worry." Luke assures him. He takes a deep breath, running his hands over his face. "This is gonna be a long tour now." "It will, but you're not doing it alone, okay?" He nods, blinking back tears. "I just wish I had gotten to say goodbye and that she had gotten to see her daughter." He says, a tear sliding down his face.

"Ash, she'll be watching over you and Anna for the rest of your lives, you're in good hands." I give him a comforting smile, squeezing his hand. "Thanks Dylan." He leaves the nursery, Michael coming in. "Which one?" He asks quietly. "That one, her names Anna." I point, and Michael pretty much fangirls over the baby.

Calum makes his way in, looking down at Anna. "She's so cute." He coos.

Ashton spends the week at the hospital with his daughter, all of us going about our usual business, just also trying to get ready for a baby on the tour.