Part 3: Luca

Zoey narrates.

I've been in bed all day. Not crying. Much anyways. I think I'm all cried out. The girls tried to comfort me. But in the end, I think they realised I just needed to be alone. I hear a knock and the door opens.

'What's good, chief?' It's Luca.

I sit up, my head hurting, as I haven't slept.

'Hey. What are you doing here?'

He sits beside me on the bed, and puts his feet up.

'Well, I heard what happened.'

'You heard that I completely embarrassed myself, had a one night stand that I thought was going somewhere, and just fell out with one of my best friends?'

'Yeah, that.' Luca sighs.

'Look, Zoey. You're fine. You need to suck it up and move on with your life. You've got so much going for you. Stop playing with these guys, and getting your heart broken. You need to focus on more important things. Like your fashion class, and the friends who really care about you.' He says.

Trust Luca to lay it out straight. I smile.

'You broke my heart too.' I say.

'Well look where we are now. Our friendship is way too important. We just weren't right for each other in that way.' He smiles.

'It's important to me too.' I say.
'Is Jillian here?'

He looks down.

'Nah, she's gone home for the weekend. Says she needs some time away from me. We got into an argument.'

'I'm sorry.' I say.

'Whatever. I just came to make sure you're okay.'

'Thank you. That means a lot. I'll be fine, here, in my bed all day.'

'Yeah, you need to get up and shower.' He laughs.

'I'm having a low key party tonight at my place tonight. The garage. You should come through. It will take your mind off things.' He says.

I think for a bit.

'Is Aaron going to be there?' I ask.

'Well I mean, he is around, but probably not.'

'Okay, I'll come.' I smile and hug him.

'Thank you, Luca.'

'Anytime chief.'

_____

I decided to finally get up, shower and get dressed. I wanted to go to Luca's. I wanted to spend time with my friends. The people who really cared about me.

'Zoey, are you ready?' Shouts Nomi from downstairs.

_____

We arrive at Luca's and the vibe is lit. I love Luca's parties. I grab a drink, as everyone separates. As I turn around, my heart momentarily stops. Aaron's here. And standing beside him, with her arms snaked around his shoulders, is Rochelle.

I honestly couldn't think of anything worse. I turn around so he won't see my face, and panic. Luca comes up to me.

'Okay so I lied. Aaron is here. You're here. His girl is here. Go and introduce yourself.' He says, turning me around.

'What?! No! Luca, I can't!' I resist.

'Zoey the sooner you get this over and done with the better. Then, you and Aaron can get back to normal.'

'I don't know Luca.'

Can two friends who have slept together really go back to being just friends?

I try to resist Luca's grip, but he already has his arm around my waist, leading me over to Aaron.

'Hey guys, what's up?' Luca says.

Aaron looks shocked to see me.

'Hey...Hey Zoey.' Aaron stutters.

I do an awkward wave.

'Um, this is Rochelle. Rochelle these are my friends Zoey and Luca.'

Rochelle smiles.

'Hey! Nice to meet you.' She says.
'Are you guys together?' She asks, pointing at me and Luca.

Before I can speak, Luca replies.

'Yeah, we are.' He says, kissing me on the side of my forehead.

Aaron looks at us shocked and confused, as am I.

'We should go.' I say, pointing away.

Rochelle nods, as we leave and I corner Luca.

'What the hell? We are not together. And if this is some kind of ploy to get back with me, I do not approve, and will be calling Jillian, like right now.' I say angrily.

He laughs.

'Chill. I'm just trying to help you. Aaron was jealous.'

I sigh.

'I don't want him to be jealous, Luca. I want him to be happy. And if that's with Rochelle, then so be it.' I say.

'She seems really nice.'

Luca nods.

'If that's what you want. But hey, don't say I didn't try to help you.'

'No, I know you were just trying to help.' I reply, hugging him.

'Thank you.'
_____