Part 36: Games

Zoey narrates.

Aaron drops me on to the bed, before our eyes lock intently. He continues kissing me, as I start to unbutton his shirt, pulling it off and he sucks at my neck, as I moan. He unties the strings from the back of my dress, and caresses my cleavage, softly. I breathe into him, and smile when he flips me over so that I'm now on top of him.

I start to kiss him further down and leave a trail down his chest, as he strokes my ass, his hand sliding under the dress material, and playing with my lace underwear underneath. He lifts his head up momentarily to look at me.

'Lace? Someone was trying to get it tonight.' He says, laughing, as I blush, and lightly push his head back down to the pillow.

I start to unbuckle his jeans, as I look at him, and he smiles, in admiration, before I continue, and he pulls out a condom from the bedside drawer - of course he knows where they are.

As I pull off his trousers, he flips me over again, and I laugh, before he covers us with the bed sheet, and we continue.

_____

A little while later, Aaron and I lay beside each other, face to face.

'I missed you.' He says.

I sit up, and fold my arms.

'What's wrong?' He asks.

'What the hell just happened?' I ask.

'We had sex.' He says.

'You are such an asshole.' I say, and he sits up and looks at me, confused.

'Excuse me?' He asks.

'God, why do I let myself get caught up with you?' I say aloud, to myself.

'Zoey, what...' He starts, but I interrupt, standing up, covering myself with the bedsheet and moving away from the bed.

'Aaron this can't happen again. Seriously. If we're not going to be together, then I don't want to do this. I'm not going to be the girl you use just for sex.' I say, angrily.

'Wait, Zoey, are you saying you regret tonight? Because I mean...not to be a prick but I think it was the best sex we've ever had.' He says, laughing, which makes me even more annoyed. I really feel like he's purposely trying to get on my nerves.

'Seriously, Aaron? I think you should leave.' I say.

'I think you're being irrational.' He says.

'But, fine, I'll leave.' He says, pulling on his pants and his shirt, which he leaves unbuttoned. He walks over to me and tries to take my hand, but I resist, and my arm doesn't budge. He finally gives in, and instead takes his hand to turn my face towards his. He leans in and kisses me softly, as I shiver.

He looks at me, as I glare back at him, and he smiles, before leaving, and I'm left more confused then ever.

______

The next morning, as I walk downstairs, ready to go to campus, the girls stare at me weirdly.

'What?' I ask.

'Zoey, who was in your room last night?' Ana asks.

I'm stunned.

'No one.' I reply.

'Then who left out of the front door at 2 am in the morning? And left the milk carton out?!' Jazz asks, frustratedly.

He's so annoying.

'No one! I don't know what you're talking about! I've got to get to class!' I say, running off.

_____

As I sit in class, waiting for it to start, I fiddle with my pen, thinking about last night. I can't believe I let myself get caught up with Aaron again. He said he didn't want to be with me. I'm not about to let him play me too. Sex and games is not a good combination.

I'm snapped out of my trance when Marcus arrives, sitting next to me.

'Hi!' He says, as I smile.

'Hey!...Marcus, I just want to apologise about last night. Aaron is...' I start to speak, and he interrupts me, gently touching my free hand on the table.

'I get it. You and him have history.' He says.

'Ancient history!' I say, a little too quickly, but he laughs.

'If you're up to it, I'd really like to take you out on that date.' He says, as I see Aaron walk in, from the corner of my eye.

'You know what, Marcus? I'd love that.' I say, beaming at him.

'Great. How about this Saturday?' He asks.

'Perfect.'

_____