Part 24: Heartbreak

Author Note: A bonus chapter today, since I have a few pre-written! Also, to the lovely reader who always comments, THANK YOU! Your comments are hilarious lmao, and I wish I could respond, but Wattpad won't let me verify my email address to reply :(
And to my silent readers, thank you too!

_____
Zoey narrates.

The test is positive. I'm pregnant. I try to take deep breaths, though it doesn't help, and I cry, in confusion and shock.

I hear a knock on the door, and wipe my tears to go and open it. It's Joey.

'Hey, I was just heading out...is everything okay?' He asks, concerned.

He comes in, and I show him the test, and his eyes widen in shock.

'Nah...you're pregnant?' He asks.

I nod.

'Congratulations!' He says, smiling, as I glare at him.

'I mean...is this not good news?' He asks, as I sit on the couch, with my head in my hands.

'No! How could this be good news? I am way too young to raise a child by myself, and not to mention I'm technically still in college...' I say, distressed.

He sits beside me.

'Do you know who the father is?' He asks, slowly.

I nod.

'Then why would you be raising a child alone?' He asks.

'I don't know. I can't put this on him.' I say, sadly.

'Sorry, Zo, but it's kinda his fault.' He says, which makes me laugh.

'You'll figure it out.' He adds.

'I'm going to have to leave your tour.' I say.

'I know.' He says, as he comforts me with a hug.

_____

So, I'm on my way back to Cal U. I had no idea how I was going to balance school again and raising a child, or whether I was even going to keep the baby. The stress was too much as I leaned my head against the window of the car.

As I reach home, I brace myself. I'd told the girls over the phone, just for a heads up, but had no idea how they were going to react.

I walk in, as Ana screams my name.

'Zoooeeyyy!' She says, as she runs over to hug me and Sky, Nomi and Jazz follow.

'We missed you so much!' Jazz says.

'Hey, come and sit.' Nomi says, taking me over to the couch.

'Guys, I'm fine! You don't have to treat me any different.' I say. weakly.

'We know...But how are you feeling?' Nomi asks.

'I'm....doing alright, I guess. I don't know. I guess I'm just confused?' I say.

'Yeah, that makes sense.' Ana says, nodding.

'Have you decided if you're keeping the baby?' Jazz asks, cautiously.

I shake my head.

'Who's the father?' Sky asks, as the girls glare at her.

'What?' She asks, confused.

'It's okay. It's Aaron.' I say.

'You love him, Zoey. I think you need to talk to him.' Nomi says.

I sigh, as I continue to catch up with the girls.

_____

That night, I decide to go over to Aaron's dorm to tell him what's happening. He doesn't even know that I'm back, so as I'm walking through the corridors in Hawkins, my palms grow sweaty, with nerves.

I reach his dorm, and am about to knock, when I see the door is slightly open. I push it open slowly, and I am stricken with shock.

Aaron is on the bed, and straddled over him, is another girl, whom I have never seen before. They were mid kiss, both fully clothed, but are now looking at me, Aaron's eyes wide with surprise.

'Zoey?' He says, confused.

I stand there, numb, and he taps the girl to move, and starts to get up.

'Zoey...' He says, as I start to run off.

_____

I fast walk all the way back home, in tears. As I near closer to home, I hear Aaron calling after me, so I quicken my pace, enter the house and lock the door behind me. With my back against the front door, I break down, in tears, clutching my chest.

This is the worst heartbreak I think I've ever experienced.

I hear Aaron, and he begins to knock on the door.

'Zoey? Zoey?! Open up! Please?!' He says, desperately.

I don't respond, as the tears stream down my face. He continues banging on the door, but stops, and softens his voice.

'Zoey, please? I know you're there. Please open the door.' He says, helplessly.

I finally cave in and open the door. He goes to take my hands, but I step back, and cross my arms, looking away from him.

'Zoey, I didn't know you were back.' He says.

'Of course you didn't. If you knew, you wouldn't have been sleeping with another girl.' I say, spitefully, still looking away from him.

'No, Zoey, it's not like that...' He says, as I interject.

'It's exactly like that Aaron.' I say.

There's a few minutes of silence between us, as the tears continue to flow, and I try to stop them, in vain.

I finally look at him, as he stares back at me, hurt. I break the silence.

'I'm pregnant.'

_____