Part 10: I love You

Zoey narrates.

By the time I finish up with Cash, who offered to take me out for a friendly dinner, its almost 10pm. I head home and when I get there, I'm surprised to see Aaron pacing around in the living room.

'Where the hell have you been?' He shouts.

I'm surprised, but kind of know why he's pissed off.

'Where is everyone?' I ask, dumping my books on the kitchen counter, before heading towards Aaron.

'They're out. Seriously, Zoey, where were you? It's late. I was worried about you.' He says, angrily.

'I was just..' Before I can respond, he cuts me off.

'You were with Cash. Dammit Zoey. Do you know how it makes me feel, to see you getting cosy with not only another guy but your ex?' He asks.

'I was only doing Cash a friendly favour, and there's literally nothing going on between us.'

He stays silent.

'You're jealous.' I say, laughing.

'I'm not.' He says, angrily.

'You don't have a problem with Luca and I being friends. He's also an ex.' I say, crossing my arms.

'That's different.' He replies.

'It's really not.' I say, as I start to walk back into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

Aaron follows me there.

'Look Zoey, enough is enough.' He says.

He walks towards me, and takes both of my hands in his. He's only standing a few inches away from me.

'I can't do this anymore. I can't get you out of my head. I've been thinking about you non stop for the last few weeks, and haven't thought about anything else since our date. I don't want to play games anymore, Zoey. Yeah, we have our issues. Every couple does. But when I saw you with Cash today, I knew for sure. All I want is to be with you. Now. Right now. I love you Zoey.' He says, before leaning in and placing his cheek against mine, so close, that I can hear his heart beating, and I'm sure that he can hear mine, beating really fast.

As he moves away, still holding my hands, our eyes lock, and I know exactly what I want. Him.

'So?' He asks.

'So...' I reply, as I smile, and pull him in to a passionate kiss. I hold his face, and kiss him deeper, as he reciprocates, and our bodies intertwine. We pull away for a split second, and a laugh escapes my mouth, as we knock our heads together, as if to acknowledge how crazy our relationship has been up until now. He looks at me intently, as I finally speak.

'I love you too.'

He kisses me again, and continues as we move upstairs to my bedroom. I lightly push him on to the bed, as he positions himself against the headboard, and I straddle his lap, pulling off his t-shirt, and continue kissing him. His hands wander over my chest as he starts to unbutton my blouse, and pulls it off, before moving his hand to my back to unclasp my bra.

He stops, leaving his hands there, and pulling away from the kiss.

'Are you sure?' He asks, softly.

I stare at him, smiling, and then slip my tongue into his mouth momentarily , before saying 'I'm sure.'

Our night continues, and as it comes to an end, I lay beside Aaron with my head buried in his neck and my hand circling his chest. We look at each other and smile.

'Zoey, I don't want to be with anyone else. You're the one for me. I mean that.' Aaron says, stroking my head.

I lean up and kiss him, and he kisses me back.

'Me either. I love you, Aaron.' I reply.

'I love you too, Zoey Johnson.'

_____

The sun rays are striking through the window, waking me up. I'm still in Aaron's arms, and look at him, realising that he's already awake, and staring at me.

'You're so beautiful.' He says.

'Aaron last night was...amazing.' I say.

He gives me a firm kiss on the lips.

'What time is it?' I ask.

'It's 11am. We should get up.' He says.

We both get dressed and head downstairs, where we see the girls, Doug, Vivek and Luca and Jillian having brunch. As we head to the kitchen, Aaron's arm around me, they all stop, surprised.

'Wow...' Says Luca.

'This is new...' Says Nomi.

'Nah not really.' Sky says, as she continues eating.

'So...can we assume this is an official relationship?' Asks Jillian.

Aaron and I look at each other, before he kisses me and nods.

'Yeah. This is my girlfriend.' He says, and I get all the feels. I'm Aaron Jackson's girlfriend.

I'm Aaron Jackson's girlfriend.

____