Part 8: First Date

Zoey narrates.

So the next morning, I tell the girls what happened.

'Bitch, how are you not seeing what's going on here?' Says Sky.

'Whatever Aaron said about you guys not being together was bullshit!' She adds.

'Zoey! He loves you!' Ana says, in excitement.

As I smile, and we continue to chat, I receive a text from Aaron.

'I'll pick you up at 6. I'm excited to see you.' He says.

My stomach flutters. I wonder where he's taking me.

_____

I get ready and look in the mirror, applying my lipgloss and then smoothing down my mini dress. It hugs my curves in all the right places.

'Zoey! Aaron's here.' Says Ana from downstairs. I quickly strap on my heels. I'm so nervous, my heart is beating fast. My first date with Aaron.

I head downstairs, and as I reach the bottom, I see Aaron standing there, and he looks me up and down.

'Wow...you look...you look good.' He says.

I smile.

'Thanks. You look good too.'

Luca eyes Aaron up and down. Funnily enough everyone decided to come over for a 'game night', though really I think they were excited to see what would happen between Aaron and I.

'I see you have your date shirt on. It's not bad.' He says to Aaron.

'Thanks?' Aaron replies, confused.

I intercept before this gets more weird. Conversation between my friend/ex and Aaron, I think not.

'Should we go?' I say to Aaron.

'Yeah, let's go.' He replies, taking my hand.

'Bye!'
'Have fun!'
'Enjoy!'

'Don't do anything I wouldn't do.' Luca adds.

_____

We're in the car, and I can feel the sexual tension between us. It's not usually like this, but I think since our last kiss and the fact that we're on a real date, things have changed.

'So, where are we going?' I ask.

'It's a surprise. But I think you'll like it.' Aaron replies.

We arrive, somewhere, and Aaron parks up, before getting out of the car and opening my door for me. I step out, and the air feels crisp and fresh. He takes my hand and leads me away.

'Oh my god!' I scream.

We're standing outside one of the most infamous fashion galleries in the city, where obscure artists are able to share their designs among the most famous designers of all.

'Aaron! What the hell?! This has been sold out for weeks!' I say, as he laughs.

'I knew how much you've wanted to come here, since it opened, and I knew a guy, who was able to get us a few tickets.'

It warms my heart, how thoughtful Aaron is. That he was listening to me when I was ranting about this gallery, and that he's taking an interest in the things I love.

_____

The gallery was amazing! I took so many photos for inspiration and I couldn't wait to rave about it in my fashion class. I was surprised at how much Aaron knew about fashion and different designers. After the gallery, he took me to my favourite Italian restaurant, one amongst the lights of the city. It was beautiful.

We were sat opposite each other, having ordered our food, and he smiled at me, taking my hand that was placed on the table into his.

'So, are you having a good time?' He asks.

I smile.

'The best time.'

Our food arrives, and we spend the rest of the night talking away, and really just enjoying each other's company.

We leave the restaurant and as I walk a little ahead of him, Aaron spins me around and captures my lips in a kiss. It's a soft kiss, at first, but as I place my arms around his neck, it deepens, as his hands start to wander my body. He continues to kiss me as I stumble back until we reach the car, my back hitting the door. We break away and laugh, before quickly getting in and continuing.

His lips start to move from mine down towards my neck, where he stays for a few moments, and I pull on the collar of his shirt, a moan escaping my mouth.  Just as he starts to fumble with the belt on my dress, I stop his hands, and pull away.

'Wait...' I say, sighing.

He looks concerned.

'What's wrong? Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?' He asks.

'No, no, not at all. It's just...' I take a deep breath.

'If we are to continue, I need to know where this is going.' I say.

'What do you mean?' He asks, confused.

'Aaron, the last time this happened, you were in another relationship. You also said that you and I couldn't be together because you don't trust me. So what is really going on between us?' I say.

'Zoey, I wasn't in an official relationship, and when it happened it did mean something to me. Because I like you.' He responds.

'But you don't trust me?' I say.

Aaron looks away. I know the answer.

'So you don't trust me because you say I kept playing you, and now you're the one playing me? Asking me out on a date? We were literally about to have sex? Sorry if things like this don't mean a lot to you, but sex is kind of a big deal to me.' I say, angrily.

'No, Zoey I didn't mean it like that...' I cut him off.

'No, you know what it's fine.' I reply, as I belt up my dress again, and turn away from him.

'Can you just drop me home now?'

_____

As soon as the car arrives outside the house,  I jump straight out, without another word, slamming the door behind me, holding back tears that have been building up the whole way. Aaron calls after me, but I don't respond, and quicken my pace.

I enter the house, to find everyone sitting in the lounge.

'Zoey! You're back!' Says Ana.

'How was it?' Asks Jazz.

I can't pretend for too long, as I walk over, sit down and start crying. I couldn't stop. All I felt like doing was drowning in my tears, as everyone huddled over me in one big hug.

_____