STORY NO. 38

GETTING OVER MATT

Author - tessalovatt

Chapters – 37

Status – Completed

Rating – 11/10

Part of the Series – Book 1 of The GOM Series

REVIEW –

Isobel Smith, our female protagonist, is a meticulous high school student who is treading through her relationship with Matthew, a long time school best friend. Best friends are what we call as treasures and it is only pure joy you feel when two best friends have mutual intimate feelings for each other.

With Isobel and Matthew being each others long time best friend, comfort and trust in each other came easily to them. Seeing that taking the next step would be being in an exclusive relationship as it felt to them that was the immediate thing to do. With that Isobel and Matt came together about almost a year ago.

Though as a relationship now connecting tem, it seemed to Isobel that Matt was not as invested in her or the relationship as he should have been, or as affectionate as is expected out of a boyfriend in the relationship. Matt had told Isobel at the starting of their relationship that he was not comfortable with any sort of public display of affection in school, to which Isobel had agreed begrudgingly. And much to her dismay, her and Matt stuck to their friend groups at school.

Matt's urge to maintain distance from Isobel at school, although everybody was aware of their relationship status, was not only a concerning issue for Izzy but also for her friends Jess and Katrina Townsend. An issue which Katrina never failed to leave even for a moment, whereas Jess was less subtle with her ways of telling Izzy that her relationship, although a loving one in her(Isobel's) eyes was not an ideal relationship in any way.

Isobel might be a quick-witted and acute student when it came to her studies but it seemed when it came to Matt, she remained in denial of every disapproving thing he did and maybe she did this because deep down she knew that she did not deserved to be treated that way and she has to inevitably break up with him no matter how bad her heart wanted to save her and Matts friendship.

Nathan Hunt, our male protagonist, is a nineteen year old fairly new resident of Isobel's city. He had spent a year abroad in Italy where now his family resides permanently, and thus was finishing high school one year later. From the get go we see Nathan as a reasonable, caring, logical, mature and a possible male lead.

Even being a stranger, Nathan could see all the faults/problems as clear as day in Isobel and Matthew's relationship. Though Nathan knew that Matt was not the ideal guy for Isobel, he never pushed her to break up with him. Because he knew for Isobel to break up with Matt, she had to accept all the faults in him and had to let him go from her heart.

The characters designed by the author were immaculate and actual representation of high school students or teenages. What she portrayed through Isobel, was something mostly every teenager (or person) goes through. Knowing that someone is treating you wrong but you are still unable to let them go because you are too afraid of losing everything and so you forgive them every time hoping they would change. I also loved how she had shaped the character of Nathan because finding characters like him is kind of a rarity on Wattpad for some reason.

Nathan was not depicted as a flawless fictional character but rather as a person who sometimes do wrong things, take insensitive actions and say immature things but also owned up to it and apologise for it and remedy their actions. Now I can understand that these qualities might be the bare necessities but not every person possesses them and most of the fictional characters here on Wattpad are certainly not in possession of these qualities.

The setting of the atmosphere of a high school was done perfectly from Katrina's betrayal to Kara and Lucy's high end attitude . The plot was enthralling and definitely well thought out. The writing of Tessa Lovatt was spell binding, captivating and literally very beautiful. And this book was definitely one of the best YA Romance story I've read on this site.

Read this book to see how people you never expected to meet can bring a huge impact on your life.

Let me know what do you think of this book.

Happy Reading, People !!!!