STORY NO. 6

LIVE IN COLOUR

Author - @dougmcquaid

Chapters – 41

Status – Completed

Rating – 9/10

Part of the series – Book 1 of the Colour                                       Series

REVIEW –

                   In this book the author has taken us to a world where when you meet your soulmate after the age of 17 (most probably before the age of 25 ) , colours explode , literally . In this story , every person who hasnt found their soulmate ( after attaining the age of 17 ) sees the world in shades of grey , white and black . Pretty dull , dont you think ? But it all changes when you meet your soulmate . Just a touch of your other half will give your eyes a beautiful spark of colour .

            Now where soulmates and tradition are present , there will be rebels , and where there are rebels there will be rejections .

             The story begins from a Soulmate Ceremony where more than two hundred 17 year olds are sitting waiting to understand the whole concept of finding soulmates and colours . We meet our female lead , Natalie Grayson , in the first chapter where she is attending the soulmate ceremony on her 17th birthday whilst pondering over how each 17 year old there is sitting quiet . On her way home she collides with someone who brings colours into her dull world , Jericho Beck. Jericho isnt too happy over finding his soulmate as he is a Rebel , so he runs away . Suffice to say it was not the reaction Natalie was expecting andshe definitely was not expecting to get rejected the moment colours seep into her world .

                Three months after the rejection Natalie is living in depression . The concept of soulmates is that you are just a half and after you turn 17 you have to find your other half , your soulmate to make yourself whole. And if your other half rejects you or is torn away from you , then the consequences are not so good . There will be a big physical , not a metaphorical , pressure and you will slowly be delving into depression until fate decides to bless you with a second soulmate , which is a very rare thing .

               Natalie and Jericho both go through these consequences with the help of their respective friends who are their for them every second of their journey .

                 Everything is just the same until Jericho is kicked out of his school and gets admitted into Natalies school. Now rebels have a reputation for not holding the same belief as everyone in soulmates seeing as they have already been hurt by a loved one . So they just decide love is not worthy of all the hurt , it puts them through . And they are rumoured to have a relationship with people other than their soulmates.

            Seeing as Jericho is a rebel , Natalie is very well aware of the fact that he would have been involved with several girls before her .

            Thus , Jericho being admitted to Nat's school triggers her and her friends ( Jamie , Mitchell and Cole) which leads to them befriending each other since being around their soulmates definitely loosens up the pressure in the chest .

              But Jerichos friends arent happy with the turn of events and they take their time in making Jericho and Natalie both realise that .

             With a bunch of rebels trying to separate them both , feelings growing inside them and lost past sneaking up on them , will they be able to savour time and recognise just how much they mean to each other ?

                Lamore 'e una frode

Will they prove this phrase wrong ?

A wonderful teen fiction is waiting for you .

Let me know what do you think of this book .

Happy Reading , People !!!