Chapter Five

*NEWLY EDITED & LIGHTLY REWRITTEN*

*A picture of Jessica*

The Story Of Us

Chapter Five

MIA'S POV

◾〰️◾〰️◼〰️◼〰️◾〰️◾

In class, I could barely concentrate on the lesson. I was too distracted by my own thoughts.

I just couldn't understand how you can go from loving someone, to hating them, in just a few days. Adam really hates me and right now, the feeling is mutual. Any desire to fix thing's between us is completely gone. I'm completely turned off.

Whatever it was obviously fake and one sided. I honestly thought we loved each other. I was stupid to think that, I guess. Why would he have any loyalty to me? That's asking for too much, apparently.

It hurt me to realize that he just wanted to have sex with me and that I was basically something to just keep him busy. That's probably the only reason he dated me in the first place. He was bored and really wanted to fuck me. I shudder at the thought of what would have happened if I did have sex with him. He probably would've bragged about it, and made a complete fool out of me, then we would've broken up anyway.

I guess we were bound to fail. Deep down, I knew that. The signs were there from the beginning. I guess I just choose to ignore them... And as long as I'm being honest, I've been mourning the lost of a friend more than I've been mourning my relationship with Adam. I guess I've just been blinded by the loss of another person I cared about, instead of actually missing Adam.

I should have listened to Spinner when he told me not to date Adam... He specifically said to keep Adam as a friend and nothing more because there was something about him that was shady.

I felt my chest tighten and my eyes burn from the of Spinner.

I'm sorry I didn't listen to you, I inwardly told him. I'm so sorry...

I placed both of my hands flat on my desk and closed my eyes, grounding myself.

"I will not break down in this classroom. I will not break down in this classroom. I will not break down in this classroom." I mentally chanted.

I felt two very different hands, cover each of my own on the desk and I saw that it was Jess and Dean's. I glanced between both of them and tried to put on a smile. Though, I knew I still looked like a sad puppy.

Dean's thumb gently wiped away a tear that I didn't even realize dropped from my eye and trailed down my cheek. His hand lingered on my chin a little longer than it probably should've. His fierce eyes trapped me and I found myself being okay with that. I know I've said this before, but I have never seen eyes so intense and pretty.

Dean quickly removed his hand from my chin and looked away from me. I could tell by the look on his face and the new stiffness of his body that he felt uneasy. He even looked kind of upset.

It almost seemed like he was upset with himself for being nice to me.

I didn't feel like going down that rabbit hole right now. So I brushed it off. I turned my attention back to our history teacher. I could feel Jess staring at the side of my face and I knew she was just as confused as I was about Dean. Now was not the time or place to dwell on neither Dean or Adam. So I cleared my mind and focused harder than ever on our history teacher's lesson.