Chapter Four

*NEWLY EDITED & LIGHTLY REWRITTEN*

*A picture of Mia*

The Story Of Us

Chapter Four

MIA'S POV

◾〰️◾〰️◼〰️◼〰️◾〰️◾

Sunday I stayed in bed all day. I turned off my cell phone so no one could call or text me. I needed my space and time to come to terms with what happened between Adam and me.

I had seen that he changed his relationship status on Facebook from in a relationship with me, to in a relationship with Emma Conner. I had changed my relationship status on Facebook to single and people had already commented on it and were asking questions. After seeing that, I knew that I should just get off of social media today and turn my phone off.

I knew that Adam and Emma were running around town flaunting their not so new relationship. Everybody at school, hung out at the same places... So everyone would see them together and everyone will start to gossip. Not for long though, only for like two days, until something else more interesting happens and people start to gossip about that instead.

So I decided to stay to myself today and watch Being Human and eat leftover Chinese food. That is how I spent my Sunday and I'm not mad about it.

Monday morning, I woke up feeling the same way I did on Sunday, except I had to get up and go to school. I laid in my bed a little longer than I should have this morning. The thought of skipping school crossed my mind and the more I thought about doing it, the better the idea sounded. I never skip school. Hell, I'm barley ever late to school.

But today, I decided not to try to be that perfect child for my parents because they weren't here and I'm sure they don't really care anyway.

I pulled the blanket back over my head and went back to sleep. Minutes later I felt my blanket get forcefully ripped off of me. I sat up quickly only to see none other than Jessica's disapproving face glaring back at me.

"Why are you here?" I whined and threw myself back on the bed, covering my head with my pillow.

"The hell do you mean why am I here?" She yelled at me and snatched the pillow away, "You're trying to skip aren't you?" Her hands were on her hips.

She looked like a disappointed mother...

"Not trying, Jess. I am," It was clear that I'm annoyed, but she doesn't care.

"I don't think so. Get your ass up and get dressed," she demanded as she entered my walk in closet.

When she was out of sight in my closet, I rolled my eyes so hard that it hurt. I sat up again and rubbed my face, sighing deeply with annoyance.

Jessica was talking to me from my closet, but I didn't hear a word she said because I tuned her out.

When I removed my hands from my face, my eyesight was blurry... But I noticed a figure standing in my doorway. My first thought was that it was one of the staff. But then I realized, that they don't come in until nine o'clock. It's only seven thirty right now.