Chapter Fourteen

*NEWLY EDITED AND
LIGHTLY REWRITTEN*

The Story Of Us

Chapter Fourteen

MIA'S POV

◾〰️◾〰️◼️〰️◼️〰️◾〰️◾

Honestly waking up this morning for school was the last thing I wanted to do, and I couldn't help but realize how weird that is for me. School was never a problem for me before. Lately though, it's the last place I wanna be, but I missed two days of it so I have to show up today.

Before I met Dean and my relationship with Adam blew up in my face. My life seemed simple.

Sure I have absentee parents and suffered a great loss but I'm rich, my grades are great and I have my best friend and an amazing boyfriend. My life is kind of great... That's what I told myself, so I'd keep it together.

School actually used to excite me a little. Jess, Adam, school, books and music were the only things I had to keep me going. I don't have Adam anymore... and I'm starting to hate school... The music is clean out of me... I just, feel different. Everything feels different.

Meeting Dean and the guys though, that was good for us, Jess and me. When we're all together, it feels like we've all been friends forever.

I did my usual morning routine and got ready for school. When I was finished, I left my house and drove to school. I parked in a parking spot and headed to Jess's car where she stood waiting for me.

She hooked her arm in mine and smiled, "Hey there, sexy."

"Hey beautiful," I greeted her with the same enthusiasm.

We entered the school and immediately noticed that everyone's eyes were on me.

"Is everyone staring at you?" Jess asked.

"I think so... Why?" I asked confused.

"Because you're a hoe," I heard the all too familiar voice say.

I turned around to see Adam, hand in hand with Emma of course, "Excuse me?"

"He said you're a hoe," Emma repeated him. "And now, everyone knows it."

Jess stepped in front of me, "You really wanna try me this fucking early in the morning?"

I felt an arm slip around my waist and pull me into them. I knew who it was. I didn't need to check. But I wanted to see his face. His eyes were dark and his clHe's pissed right he's so gorgeous.

"What's going on?" He asked, or more like demanded.

"I don't know. Apparently I'm a hoe and everyone knows it," I whispered in Dean's ear.

"Adam said that?" He whispered back and I nodded.

Deans face turned from a brief curiosity to anger in the matter of seconds.

"Oh no, bitch! See, you got the right one!" Jess raised her voice and got in Emma's face.

I was too busy whispering with Dean that I didn't even hear what was going on. I grabbed Jessica's arm pulling her back. I don't want my best fighting with trash.