I Am Here [Paul Lahote] for xoxolittlemissfunxoxo

Name: Cassandra

Looks: Long brown hair, big brown eyes, tan, and short

Personality: Talkative, outgoing, playful, and sarcastic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cassandra," a loud knock came from the bedroom door. "Cassandra, open this door."

"No," the said girl grumbled, head burying into a pillow.

"If you don't open this door right now, I'll break the lock."

"You'll have to pay for it again." He muttered in response out in the hall. Cassandra sunk more into the bed, pulling the sheet fully over her body. There was a loud clunk before another weight was added to the mattress. "You owe me thirty bucks."

"I'll give you an I.O.U. Now will you tell me as to why you locked yourself in your room and have been ignoring everyone?"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"No, you will."

"Go away, Paul, please?"

The young man sighed heavily before a hand came down over the sheet and messing up her hair. "As if. You never lock yourself up in a dark room unless something is really bothering you."

"Whatever."

"Was it Steve?"

"He's an asshole."

That was all the information he needed. They had separated. The young man knew it was coming. "Well, that explains why you haven't been talking much."

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"You know I can kick his ass."

He heard a giggle below the covers, grinning that he had gotten through at least. "Thanks for the offer, but he's not worth it. Besides, not like I'll see him again, living in La Push and all. Forks was a crappy place to be anyway. Too many vamps."

Paul chuckled. "And that's why you're a wolf girl."

"Damn straight."

The werewolf's light expression turned down, not liking to see his best friend in such a state. In all honesty, he never liked her now-ex­-boyfriend, but seeing the girl happy the young man just dealt with it. Though of course he didn't pass up a chance to shoot a sarcastic comment Steve's way. Just thinking of the human's name made Paul want to growl.

He sighed heavily before tilting back and lying chest up on Cassandra's back. "Paul, you're heavy," the girl whined childishly, trying to wiggle out from under him.

"I'm too tired," the werewolf simply answered.

"Oh, come on..."

"Make me," he smirked.

This went on for a good ten minutes, Cassandra not getting anywhere. She finally gave up, groaning loudly in defeat. Paul chuckled, rolling over so he was propped up above her on his elbows. "You okay?"

"I will be," her muffled voice came beneath the covers.

Paul's head bent down, chin resting on the top of her head. "You were too good for him anyway. I mean, come on, the guy didn't even like heights. How could we go cliff jumping?"

"True."

"Besides, the pack missed you while you were gone. You were no fun at all."

Cassandra rolled her eyes. "Thanks, Paul."

"Hey, the Pack said it. I mean, what happened to you talking our ears off?"

"I thought you guys found it annoying?"

"Nah, we only say it to mess with you."

"I'll be sure to remember that the next time we hang out."

The response caused him to smirk, hearing the playfulness in her tone. "Everything will be alright, I promise."

His lips touched the back of Cassandra's head through the covers, clearly kissing her. Both froze. Paul's eyes were wide, having had no control over his actions, the girl blushing under the sheets. The werewolf quickly stood, clearing his throat. "I'm heading over to Sam's. We're thinking of going to the beach later if you're interested." He then left in a rush.

Cassandra shifted under the covers before poking her bed head out and staring at the door in thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pass it here!" Jared yelled before jumping high into the air and catching the football. The other team chased after the teen through the sand, trying to get the upper hand and run towards their makeshift end zone.

The girls sat off to the side, smiling and setting out the food they had brought on a blanket. "Well, isn't that a sight for sore eyes!" Embry hollered, drawing everyone's attention.

"Lay off, man," Jacob muttered, elbowing his friend in the side.

Paul ignored the others, meeting Cassandra halfway. "Hey," he spoke up with a lopsided grin.

"Hey, yourself."

"Didn't think you were going to make it before we had at the food the girls brought."

"I couldn't find my favorite jacket, so I had to look for another."

"Food!" Emily called. However, the two didn't run towards the blanket like the others.

"That's because I think you left it on my couch the last time we had a movie night."

"Oh... right..."

Paul cocked his head towards the others. "Hungry?" Cassandra nodded mutely, as the young man turned away. "We're thinking of going to the cliffs later if you're interested-"

A pair of arms wrapped around his midsection, halting him completely. The girl hugged the werewolf tightly, face resting against the naked back. "What is that for?"

"Just, thank you," she answered softly. "For everything. I'm already feeling better."

Paul turned just enough so he could tuck his best friend into the crook of his arm, returning the gesture. "Good. And no more moping or frowning. It doesn't suit you."

Cassandra stood on her tiptoes, lips kissing him just under the jawbone. "I think I can do that."

His eyes quickly glanced over, seeing the snooping eyes of their friends. The werewolf turned his back on them, tugging up the hood to the girl's jacket so they had more privacy. "Good." Paul then firmly planted a kiss on his imprint's lips.