Acting [Fang] for Kim

"Good afternoon, and welcome to the Jolly Burger," the teen behind the counter grinned. "What can I get for you today?"

"Hi, Beth!" Gazzy grinned, reading the nametag. "I want three burgers, two fries, and a large soda-!"

"Water," Maximum intervened. Beth smiled, nodding, and typing in the request. The large group ordered one by one, the girl skeptically looking at the large amount of food typed out on the screen. "Believe me, I know it's a lot, but I can pay."

"I just wanted to be sure you could eat all of this."

The older teen grinned, handing over the money. "Don't worry, we will."

"Beth!" the cook called from the back. "Is this order right?"

"It's correct, Tom!"

"Damn! When's the last time they ate?" The girl snickered, shaking her head. The cashier dealt with more customers, noticing as a young man in a suit with a scar running over an eye walked in. His appearance didn't quite fit in with those around them, moving towards the counter.

"Hello, sir, what can I do for you today?"

"I have a group coming in." His eyes seemed to scan the room as if searching for something. "Will placing a larger order be a problem?"

"Not at all. There will just be a wait." His attention landed on something, seeming to please him.

His eyes turned back to her, giving Beth a dazzling smile. "I will be back then."

The cashier watched him leave before glancing over to see what the young man had been looking at. "Order up!" Tom called from the back.

Taking the trays in hand she placed them on the counter. "Order 68!"

Fang stood, moving towards the front, lazily glancing at the girl. She leaned forward, whispering, "Be careful." That seemed to gain his attention, looking her right in the eyes. "I don't know who this person is, but they just came in and left. For some reason seeing you guys gave him closure."

"What did he look like?" Fang asked.

"Taller than you, wearing a suit, auburn hair... Oh, and a scar running down his eye."

That last comment made his expression change for a split second. "Thank you, Beth."

"No problem."

"Fang." She nodded as he walked away balancing the trays.

Customers ordered and received their food, more coming in during that time. That was when the young man reentered with his coworkers, it appeared, seeing as they were all dressed the same. All ordered, sending passes her way every now and then, but Beth ran with it, telling Tom to cook quickly. Immediately, she noted Fang's body tense, as well as Maximum's. They knew these people were a threat.

"Order 75!" The young man stood, taking the tray before returning to the table by the door. However, the food was not touched. "I'm going to check the ice in soda machine. Have Richie come up at take over."

"Richie! Front and center!" Tom called. Beth grabbed an ice bucket, filling it before moving around to the machine that lined the wall near where the Flock sat. Pulling out a ladder with her, the teen climbed up, pushing away the top before moving back down.

Fang watched the cashier's every action, growing nervous. She was in their path, and those creatures would not hesitate to push past her. "Be ready to move," Maximum said.

Everyone shared a look of understanding, carrying on with their meals. The kids were the first to lunge, launching over Maximum, Iggy, and Fang for the back door before they followed. The men were on the move as well, quickly jumping from their chairs. On top of the ladder, Beth was startled, dropping the bucket and allowing ice to go everywhere. They slipped on the cubes, falling into the tables and chairs, as well as over each other. Fang glanced over his shoulder, startled to see the Erasers struggling. Looking up, he saw Beth clinging to the soda machine to stay standing. She appeared frightened, but after meeting Fang's gaze she gave him a wink. Everything had been deliberate.

Smirking to himself, he turned and continued to run. "Good acting," he muttered.

The young man roared in anger as their target disappeared, glaring up at Beth. "You! You let them get away!"

"What? You scared me! How was I supposed to know what was going on?"

"You-!"

"That's close enough," Tom interjected. "You've chased out our best customers and made a mess of this restaurant. Leave. Now. Before I call the police." He snarled, the men exiting through the front. The man sighed, shaking his head. "I don't care what is going on between those two groups, but let's get this cleaned up."

Beth nodded, folding up the ladder. Though she couldn't help but smile, happy they had escaped.