To the Ball [Kaoru Hitachiin] for Lucy Kirkland and Carrie O'Donnell

"Katie! You are the best!" Tamaki hugged the girl tightly, spinning her around.

"You do know she can't breathe," Kyoya stated from where he stood. "And you're making her sick from all that spinning."

The girl wobbled on her feet after being set down, the room spinning. However, a hand clasped her shoulder for help. "Just make sure you don't eat all of Katie's wonderful treats before the event tonight," Kaoru chuckled, grinning down at the girl.

"Yeah, otherwise we'll go broke to find replacements," Hikaru added.

"Alright, back to work," Kyoya ordered.

The grand ballroom at Ouran was being decorated for the evening event courtesy of the Host Club. There were decorators all around, the Hosts' helping to add input and add final touches. Meanwhile, Katie was at the table, setting up plates and shelves that would be filled with treats of all shapes and sizes in a matter of hours. The food sat in cool, metal boxes that were portable with wheels to be moved about the room so nothing spoiled before the ball. Even the fridge in the side kitchen was filled.

The girl was a close friend to Kyoya, who came to her for the arrangements in order to host the event. Her family bakery that was internationally known was very popular among the students at Ouran, the cafés in the area stocked with their products.

"Hikaru, don't even think about it," Katie said, cleaning a dish.

"How does she do that?" the twin asked.

"Do what?"

"Tell us apart," Kaoru said.

"You don't even turn around!" his brother pointed out.

Turning she grinned at the boys. "That's for me to know and you to never find out."

"Just one, please!" Hikaru begged, hands clasped together in front of his face.

"Hmm... maybe. After you finish up."

He groaned in response, dragging his feet while walking away. "You're too cruel," Kaoru smirked.

"Maybe, but all of you have such a sweet tooth you'll clean us out. Especially if Honey sees you start eating." They both glanced over at the smaller boy, who sat on Mori's shoulders, trying to hang something up. "So, what's the theme this year?"

"Hmm?"

"Theme? You know, are you dressing as Feudal Lords or Knights in shining armor tonight?"

"Nah, we decided on a more classical look. Suits and gowns."

Katie cocked a brow. "So simple. What's the twist?"

Kaoru grinned. "I promise you there isn't any."

"Right," she drawled out.

"What are you dressing as?"

"I thought it was obvious. A simple dress that I can easily move in so I can serve."

"You dress like that every year."

"Unlike you Hosts' who dance on the floor, I have a job to man the tables and order around the servers."

"Ah, but that's where you're wrong this time."

Katie's brows furrowed in confusion. "This time? What are you talking about?"

"Tonight, you will act like one of the guests."

"I have a job to do."

"Which is why we hired a planner."

"Then why ask me to help?"

"Because your cooking skills are too amazing to pass up," Hikaru teased, walking by with a box in hand.

"Also, you've been catering for the last few events and the Club-"

"You!" Hikaru called, causing his brother to blush lightly.

"Alright, I believe that you deserve a night off to enjoy yourself."

"Uh, thanks," Katie smiled. "But you didn't have to."

"I wanted to, otherwise..."

"Otherwise, what?" she pressed.

Kaoru looked around, making sure no one was listening in on the conversation. He leaned in closer to Katie. "May I have the honor of escorting you to the ball?"

The girl's face blushed at the question, nervously fiddling with the plate in hand. "I... I would like that very much, Kaoru." And when no one was looking the Host stole a kiss.