Snake [Fang] for ampfan88

"I am so sick!" Smack. "Of you damn!" Twack. "Erasers!" Punch. "Just give it up already!"

"S-She's s-s-scary," Gazzy stammered.

The Flock was hiding in the bushes, having ducked from the Erasers that invaded the forest. "So that's what they were after," Fang muttered.

"She looks around our age," Nudge commented.

"And knows how to handle Erasers," Max added.

"Are we just going to leave her?" Izzy asked.

"She's the one they're after. If we stay here then there's no risk of us getting captured too."

"Max..." Angel whined. "That's just mean. And she is from The School too."

"Huh?" Gazzy asked. "The School? I thought we were the only ones to escape?"

"Guess not," Izzy muttered.

"She's skilled..." Fang mused. His eyes locked with Max.

The older girl groaned. "Fine, let's go."

A claw came swiping in, the girl's upper half snapping back in an arch to avoid the blow. An Eraser grinned, coming in from behind. A blind spot. However, her hands hit the ground, legs coming around. They cracked like whips through the air, knocking the man backwards, including another attacker. Blood poured from where some teeth were missing.

Something came crashing in from above, the girl's attention turning up for a moment. It slammed against her body, forcing her to the ground. The net constricted all movement, hisses coming from her mouth while trying to slash at the object. "Nowhere to run anymore, you snake."

It came in out of thin air, bringing the Erasers to the ground one by one. Six humans. Clearly, they were not normal from their displayed strength, but neither was she. The net was pulled away, and she stood quickly. "Come with us," the brown skinned girl commanded.

The teen eyed them warily, but decided it was better than sticking around with the Erasers. The seven of them ran off, losing the last of the group in the dense forest. "Thank you," the girl breathed when they were a safe distance away. "They didn't have a net last time."

"You're from The School!" Angel exclaimed with a grin, popping up in her face. Startled by their closeness, she stepped back.

"H-How...?"

"We're from the same place," Max answered. "Angel can read minds."

"You're the Flock, aren't you?"

"How did you know that?" Izzy asked.

She smirked. "Come on, six people, running around in the woods, who out of the blue decides to come to my aid, and claims we're all from The School? You're the only large group of people I know of who escaped. Word travels fast in the cages."

"How did you escape?" Nudge asked.

"Simple really. I'm hard to catch, and a master at slipping around things."

"What DNA did you get?" Gazzy questioned.

"I thought it was obvious. My skills come from that of a snake."

"The fast movements, manipulation of the body, hissing, hard to catch, ability to slip past things... It makes sense," Max put together.

"Alis..."

Everyone's attention turned towards Fang. "Huh?" the little boy asked.

The raven-haired teen made eye contact with their new comrade. "Is your name... Alis?"

Her eyes widened. "How do you know my name...?" Realization passed through her eyes. "Oh my god... Fang."

"Wait, you two know each other?" Max asked.

"Before we met, when I was first brought to The School, myself and someone else were the only ones in the cages. Our only communication was with each other. When the tests were being done on us, trying to ward away the pain, just having someone to talk to was nice. However, when I was told that I was responding negatively to the tests, and assigned to the 'Flock Project', she was left behind. Her name was Alis Marigold."

A sad smile formed on the teen's lips. "Well, we've certainly grown up since then, and you've become more quiet."

"What, you mean that Fang used to talk more than he does so now?" Izzy laughed.

"Well, we were kids back then..."

"Max, we need to leave," Angel spoke up, tugging on their girl's sleeve.

"Right, the Erasers could still be in the area," she answered. "We need to get as far away from this place as possible."

"Then the fastest way will be to fly," Nudge answered.

"Will you come with us?" Gazzy asked.

"I'm not sure. I've already caused you enough trouble."

A hand reached out from the corner of her eyes. She looked over realizing it was Fang. "Alis, please come with us?" he asked.

She laughed, shaking her head. "I never could argue with you..."

They climbed high into the trees, their wings opening wide before taking off. Once Fang had enough momentum, he came back around, grabbing Alis's outstretched hand, pulling her high above the forest. "Hey, Fang!" she called below, drawing his attention. "If it means anything, I'm glad you got put on the 'Flock Project'! This ability is way better that what those white coats wanted to fuse you with!" He chuckled in response.

She grinned widely up at him, before her eyes lit up, watching them fly through the air.

Looking down at the girl he realized how much he had missed her. He missed Alis's smile most of all, and was happy to see it once more.