The Hunter and The Vampire [Zero Kiryu] for CrazyRebelGirl

"What are you doing here, Simone?"

"I could be asking you the same question, Zero."

The hunters stood facing each other, a gun pointed to the area between the eyes. Neither wavered nor broke eye contact, gazes hard as stone. "You're trespassing on school grounds. Now, why don't you tell me why you are here before I forcefully remove you."

She snickered lowly, head just barely shaking. "I tracked a Level-E vamp here, and right now you are stalling my hunt. What's to say it gets its hands on an innocent human girl. There are plenty of students here for the picking."

His eyes narrowed at the information, and Simone knew better than anyone how much the prefect hated those monsters. His own kind.

Yes, the hunter was aware of his condition because of the Head Master. After all, the two teens shared something in common: both of their families were murdered by vampires and brought into custody at the same time. Though Simone was given away to another hunter family, ones who did not have children of their own. They kept in contact, seeing each other from time to time if her job sent her in the direction of Academy. Usually, the hunter was the one to deal with Level-E vampires targeting the day class and night class students who broke the rules.

"So, am I allowed to continue doing my job or are you going to delay my search even further?" she spoke up.

"Do what you want," he growled. Their guns pointed away from each other, Simone observing the vampire carefully. "What?"

"How have your cravings been?"

"Did the Council ask that?"

"This has nothing to do with the Council. Can't a friend be concerned for another, even if you are technically supposed to be the enemy?"

His hands clenched; jaw tensing. "Didn't you say you were in a hurry?"

"I was. Until I realized that he was already here."

There was movement above, Zero's head whipping up to see the Level-E crawling down the wall. Simone's gun turned up, not even having to look when she fired, the bullet embedding the creature's skull. It shrieked before turning into dust as the hunter stepped out of the way so she would not be dirtied. But another one appeared from the shadows of the bushes attacking the hunter. The cool metal of Zero's gun pressed against the vampire's temple and fired, killing it instantly.

Simone smirked. "You're faster than the last time."

"What was this, a test?"

Her head shook, sighing and placing the weapon back in its holster around the waist. "You seriously have trust issues. The only thing I am reporting to the Council is that there were two Level-E vamps running around Cross Academy and that the prefect, Zero, came as back up. Calm down." Simone turned, walking in the direction the front gates were in. "Besides, if they wanted to kill you, they would have to get through your little friend, Yuki, and myself, while we all know I won't be taken down so easily."

The vampire was suddenly behind her, his front just barely touching the teen's back, while his hot breath caressed the skin at the neck. "Careful there," Simone warned. "Wouldn't want you slipping up now after I made such a statement that you weren't dangerous."

"As if you'd let me bite you."

The hunter snorted. "You've got that right. I'd personally kill you myself." Zero felt the cool metal of her gun pressing under his jaw, wondering to himself when Simone had even removed it from the case. He wasn't the only one whose speed had improved. "So what else is it that you want, Zero?"

Looking up at the Guardian, the young man carefully bent down, fully aware of the weapon that had not wavered from its position. Their lips touched, both inhaling each other's breath. His hand tangled in her hair, pulling their bodies flush against the other in a lustful kiss, Simone's free hand gripping the front of the uniform. When they pulled away for air, the hunter smirked. "I'll see you around, Zero."

"Just don't get yourself killed."

They had to force themselves to let go of the other, Simone taking a shaky step away already missing the embrace. Though she would never voice it, nor would the vampire. They were much too stubborn for that.

"I'm always careful."

Zero watched her walk away before flipping over the gate.