Competitive [Paul Lahote] for wisgirl08

Name: Jackie

Looks: 5'5, athletic, shoulder blade brunette hair, brown eyes, tan skin

Personality: fun loving, sarcastic, funny, loving, and of course very competitive

History with the Pack: She knows about the legends and about the pack [close friend with Jacob]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jackie, what are you doing here?" Jacob asked as he walked to the forest edge.

"Just thinking, Jake," Jackie grumbled, throwing another rock over the cliff and into the ocean blow.

The teen chuckled. "I know you better than that, Jackie," he smirked. "You only come up here when something is bothering. Specifically, a certain someone."

"Augh!" she cried out in frustration, running a hand through her hair. "He drives me crazy, Jake! He's as competitive as me, and it doesn't help my case that he's a superhuman teenager with fast reflexes."

"Then why don't you turn down a dare?"

Jackie rolled her eyes, sighing loudly. "You know I can't do that. I'm too competitive to turn one down."

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I know, but it was worth a try. Just thought I'd suggest it."

The human looked over a shoulder, smiling at her long time friend. "Thanks, Jake. You always know how to put me in a good mood."

"No problem. On another note, did you hear about the party this weekend?"

"Yeah, I did."

"You going?"

Jackie shrugged, throwing the last rock over the side of the cliff. "I think I might make an appearance."

The werewolf smirked. "Yeah, that means you'll be there."

Jackie smirked back. "You know me all too well."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey! Paul!" Jacob called out. The young man was wrestling around with Embry in the backyard of Sam's house.

"What's up, Jake?" Quil asked.

"Nothing much. Just got done talking to Jackie is all." Hoots and hollers came from the other pack members and Paul scoffed, Embry and him pulling away from each other.

"Shut it," Paul grumbled.

"So what was it this time?" Jared asked.

The werewolf smirked. "I challenged her to a race around La Push and she lost."

The guys rolled their eyes. "If you keep doing that then you'll scare her away," Sam pointed out from where he sat.

"What do I care?"

"Quit denying it, Paul," Embry said.

"You know what we're talking about," Sam continued.

"She's your imprint," Jacob said. Paul snorted.

"Why won't you go after her?" Seth asked.

"Because she..." Paul trailed off, not knowing how to put it into words.

"Let me guess," Jacob said. "She drives you crazy because she's as competitive as you are?"