Normal [Fang] for Equity Captor

"What's it like to be normal?"

Emily glanced over at the teen that sat beside her in a tree; who in turn was staring out over the open field. "Normal?" she wondered. "You mean if you weren't experimented on?" He nodded. Her attention turned towards the distance. "I don't know, personally. I've never met someone who is normal, and I'm not that either."

"You're not a mutant."

"No, but I'm not perfect. I mean you've seen me in science class. I can't mix together chemicals without something going wrong. Like exploding."

He chuckled. "No, you really are horrible in the lab."

A smile graced her lips.

She knew who the new student was. Being taken care of by a woman who took them in when they were on the run, who then turned out to be in league with The School. Emily had accidentally walked in on him when she had to grab equipment from the locker room during gym. The few black feathers sticking out of his back when he was changing was obvious to see, and having been late coming to class she did not know he was there. Fang moved quickly, clasping a hand over her mouth so she could not say anything, begging her not too. And of course she wouldn't. Once knowing that they were on the run from other, more dangerous mutants trying to bring them back to the very place that created them. The girl didn't want to get in trouble herself. She had no special powers to fend against these creatures, but they sounded terrifying.

"You have to understand that no one is ever going to be normal. While you deal with running from Erasers and learning to blend in being Avian, I have to survive high school classes and please my up tight, controlling parents. We all have our own problems we have to face. Yours is just different from the average human."

He sighed running a hand through his bangs. "I'm going to be on the run for a very long time."

"I know."

"The Erasers may find out you know who I am."

"I know."

"You can't say anything to anyone or you could be brought in for experimentation as punishment by association."

"I haven't said anything yet."

Fang chuckled. "I know, which is why I trust you." His wings ruffled. "I need to go. My family is waiting for me. I cannot tell you where I'm going for your safety."

"Be careful."

"You too." The Avian pressed a kiss to her forehead, causing Emily to blush. "Stay safe. I'll come back when this is all over."

"I'll hold you too that." Fang gave her a faint smile before opening his wings and taking off. Emily grinned. "See you next time."