CHAPTER 10

Tay woke up to the constant sound of notifications from his phone. He stretched his left arm and felt that New is no longer lying on the bed with him. He opened his eyes and when he saw the space empty, he slowly sat up, wondering where could his boyfriend be.

"HIN!" He shouted but got no response. "HIIIIN!"He looked around, eyes just half-open, but he didn't see him. He got off the bed and went to check the bathroom, but no one was there.

He went back to get his phone and text his boyfriend. The time read 08:56 am and a lot of messages and missed calls appeared on the screen.

PENG!!! WHERE ARE YOU???? GET YOUR ASS HERE IN MMG NOW!!!!
Off Jumpol - 15 missed calls
Tay, where are you??? Please check this right away. I sent you the link.
Arm Weerayut - 8 missed calls
Tay, I thought you and Newwiee have been going strong?? Or wait, is this just part of the show??
Gun Atthaphan - 10 missed calls.

He scrolled through and they pretty much asked the same thing - what's happening between him and New?

"Huh? What the hell is everyone fussing about?" Tay spoke with puzzlement. However, when he reached the bottom part, his heart pounded fast.

I'm sorry, Te.

As soon as he read it, he sat on the bed and immediately opened it and started to feel uneasy while he reads Hin's last messages.

From: My Hin 💙

Te, by the time you wake up, I would already be here in Bangkok.
Before you leave, check everything. You're a forgetful man. I won't be there to double-check anymore so please do.
Thank you, Te. I've been my happiest these past three days. But I got to do what I have to do.
I'm sorry, Te.

Tay is completely baffled right now. He doesn't know what's happening. He doesn't understand why his boyfriend went home alone, why these people are bugging him with the same question, and why New is saying sorry.

He tried calling New but the other's not picking up.

The next message he checked is from Off.

From: Off Jumpol

Peng
WTH
Engagement ring??????  New proposed???? This is fucked up!!!
Okay, sure, I understand. NewMint is just for show but really??!!?! You're letting New get married??? WTF???
They have a press con this morning??? So they're really pushing thru with this???
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING?!!?!?
MAN, YOU'RE MAN IS GETTING MARRIED AND YOU'RE NOT HERE TO DO SOMETHING????
I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU MULTIPLE TIMES NOW!!!!
TAWAN VIHOKRATANA!!! WHERE ARE YOU???? GET YOUR ASS HERE IN MMG NOW!!!!

New? Mint? Getting married? What's going on? Tay still can't get his head to grasp the situation. He checked Arm's message next, but he didn't read through. He just clicked the link he received. It is a live stream of what's happening right now in Bangkok. He saw a projected picture of New and Mint in the background in front where a long table covered in white cloth was laid out with several microphones pooled on the center, atop the plane which is at least 8 inches high and about 8 meters long. There are also multiple tables arranged in the middle of the room where the members of the press sat.

A few seconds later, New and Mint appeared, holding hands. New is wearing a plain pink button-down, chinese-collared, long-sleeved polo tucked in dark grey slacks and brown dress shoes. Mint is wearing a white sleeveless dress with a ribbon knotted behind and pink open-toe high-heels. They came out of the door on the right side of the stage. New is leading the way and when they got on the stage, Mint missed the step but New was quick to catch her. They looked at each other and laughed.