CHAPTER 18

"Tay?"

It's three p.m. and Yui has been outside Tay's apartment for a while now, but nobody's answering. She keeps on calling his phone but the other is not answering.

Feeling defeated, she called Off. "Hello, Off?"

"Hello, Phi!"

"Off, do you know where Tay is?"

"I think he's at home, Phi."

"I'm here right now but no one's answering the door."

"Really, Phi? Wait let me just call him. I'll call you once I reach him."

"Thank you, Nong."

A few minutes later, Yui received a text message from Off.

From: Jumpol Adulkittiporn

Phi, Tay's not answering me, either. Give me a few minutes. I'll go there.

At about thirty minutes, Off arrived at the place. Yui met him at the lobby and both of them went up to the apartment together. Off keyed-in the password to the electronic lock, and when they got in, they kept on calling out Tay but he was not there. Off went to the bedroom, and saw that the closet doors are opened, clothes scattered on the floor, and the trophy laying on the bed.

 "So he went home? Then where is he?" Yui said behind Off as she overlooked the room. "He has the trophy yesterday when we parted ways in the airport last night. Also, those were his clothes at the event."

"Does he have anything important to do today, Phi? Can you postpone them for the day?"

"Not much. Just an interview regarding the award plus the employees organized a mini celebratory party for him at the office. Why?" Yui looked at Off as if she knows the other knows something.

"You know the wedding's yesterday, right?"

"Yeah. But he was so happy before he left the airport yesterday. He asked me to drop his things off in the apartment but the idiot didn't tell me his password and he was not answering his phone, so I just left them at the reception area."

"Let me look for him, Phi. I will ask our friends, too. I'll message you once we find him."

"Okay. I'll take my leave now." Once at the door, Yui turned to Off and said, "Should I be worried, Off?"

Off just smiled at him, "No need, Phi. I think he just took a breather." She just nodded.

When Yui left, Off called Arm by phone immediately. "Arm, Tay's missing."

"What?!"

"Yeah. Help me look for him."

"Sure. Let me just wrap things here."

"Okay. He's just here in the city, for sure. He went home last night. That guy can't drive. He would not have gone far."

Arm was silent for a while. Eventually, he spoke, "Off, he's just fine, right? Fuck, New even forced that they hold the wedding on the same day and time as Tay's awarding night so he won't be affected that much."

"P'Yui said Tay looked happy last night before they parted ways. He didn't let P'Yui drive him and he brought his trophy with him."

"But he met neither of us last night. Who exactly did he meet?"

Both thought for a while and came to the same conclusion.

"But Off, New does not talk to him, right? Does he know where he lives? Do you know where New lives?"