Cherry Bomb on Top

Sugar Rush, King Candy's Castle- (More than three months ago)

(King Candy)-

"Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right... B, A, START", I muttered as I entered in the password to the code Room's door. It has been nearly 15 years since I had first came in here to take my spot on the throne. To think that it has already been so long..

I stood patiently by the doorway, as Sourbill tied the licorice rope around my waist.

"King Candy, is this really necessary?", The green butler questioned, with an attitude similar to that of an emo teen that was dragged to a family reunion.

"Of course it ith! In cathe you haven't noticed Thourbill, Vanellope hath been getting more and more restlesth lately! I thwear, I try everything to ensure she stayth ath far away from the tracks ath posthible, yet every time she findth another way to inch in clos'er! Remember how Citrusella spotted her hiding underneath one of the bleacherth, or we caught her spying on uth from one of the candy cane trees overhead?", I fussed, as I made sure the rope was snuggly tied.

When I first became king, I had been successful in turning all of the other racers against Vanellope. It wasn't the hardest thing to do, considering that children are naturally naive. Not to mention, these racers are very driven to have the best reputation possible, so a flawed character amongst their ranks would definitely make them feel threatened. Then, with the children, the main stars of this game convinced of Vanellope being a threat, all the other NPCs followed their lead.

"I have noticed, but is trying to permanently remove her really the right call? Besides, you failed the first time. What makes you think it'll work this time?", he skeptically asked. Another thing I did soon after taking the throne was that I entrusted Sourbill with the secret of me having deleted Vanellope. My trust in him is obviously well placed, otherwise I wouldn't still be the king. Filling him in on it really did benefit me in the long run, as I wouldn't need to keep making up excuses for every little visit I make into the game's code.

"I-I don't know if it'll work this time, but... Well, I do know that there might be at least one option I haven't explored!", I optimistically enthused as I hopped into Sugar Rush's code once again.

"Which is?", Sourbill inquired with a deadpanned tone, as he handled the rope.

"That ith on a need to know basith~", I chimed, as I swam deeper into the game's code. I heard no response from Sourbill, but I could just imagine he rolled his eyes at that moment.

As I swam deeper into the codes, I paused a moment to look around. Let's see, where were they all kept at again?

...

"Ah, there they are!", I exclaimed to myself, as I moved towards the direction of the game's deleted content.

During a couple of my previous visits here, I'd often come to study Vanellope's code to find some sort of way around her essential coding, but each attempt I made to try and permanently delete her [or at least make her killable] has failed. Though, perhaps I'll be lucky this time...

I had pondered earlier today on just how I could possibly have her gone for good, then it had came to me. All the other times, I had focused on Vanellope's code itself, but what if there was something I could use hidden inside the code of the original King Candy? It would make sense, wouldn't it? As her uncle, he would share codes that would operate similar to hers. Not to mention, the man had already been scraped and put aside, so maybe I could figure out how to do the same with her!