A Day Out

Sugar Rush, The Castle-[1997]

(???)-

I walked along the dark pink carpet up to the throne. The green ball that let me inside was now trailing behind me.

As I walked, I noticed how pink the interior of the castle was. Just how pink can this game be?

I began to approach the throne. Just ahead, the young monarch sat down, a donut officer on each side.

I finally approached the adolescent monarch. Unsurprisingly, she was wearing a regal dress that was just as pink as her game. Her raven hair was pulled back into a bun behind her crown. Even her hair was laced with sprinkles with various shades of pink.

She sat in her kart, which was now a part of her throne. She sat up, slowly watching me approach. She seemed a little uneasy, probably since she didn't have experience with court visitors.

Finally, I stopped a few feet from the throne. I stood as the green ball moved to her majesty's side.

The girl cleared her throat before she spoke. "So, Mr...", she gave me an odd look.

"Turbo", I interjected.

"Mr. Turbo, my advisor, Sourbill has informed me that you came to welcome yourself?", she asked, clearly nervous.

"Yes, I certainly did. Although you can just call me Turbo", I faked sincerity.

"Alrighty then, Turbo. Well, just so you know, you have been the first amongst the other arcade characters to have arrived to do so", she says, trying to stay firm.

"Oh, am I?", I feigned ignorance.

"Why yes, you are. Just so we are acquainted, I am Princess Vanellope Von Schweetz, the Princess of Sugar Rush, and here is my butler Sourbill. So...would you mind telling us about yourself?"

"Oh, of course. You see, if it isn't clear from my jumpsuit and helmet, I myself was a fellow racer"

"Oh, really? That is very coo... convenient, since we just so happen to be a racing game. That is if you haven't noticed the tracks", she tries to establish herself.

"Yep, and, I don't mean to brag, but I was one of the best racerth in my game", I humbly spoke.

"Heh, doubt you'd be better than us Sugarians... "Sugarians"... No that doesn't sound right. Sorry, I was just trying to find a way to address my people besides the "citizens of Sugar Rush". Anyways, I bet our game has different standards compared to your game", she bragged after having collected herself.

"Well, if I still had all my trophies, I would definitely wager I'd win. Unfortunately, those have disappeared along with my game", I mentioned, hoping to guilt her.

"Oh no. What happened to your game?", she raised her hand to her mouth.

"Oh, it's sad really. My game had a glitch and Mr. Litwak's unplugged my game. I was the only one to make it out alive...", I say, faking devastation.

"Sweet Mother of Monkey Milk, that is terrible!", Vanellope gasps with shock. Sourbill on the other hand was still straight-faced, but I could see that his green eyes were slightly saddened. So he does have emotion. Sort of...

"Yes, but that's in the past now; I have left all of that behind yearth ago... Anyways, I only came to say "hello". I should probably go back to the Game Central Station. That's where I spend the rest of my days, along with any other homeless characters. Tata!~", I declared as I turned to leave. If this goes as planned, the generous princess should be feeling guilty any minut-