A Thump in the Night

Sugar Rush, The Castle-[1997]

(Turbo)-

Good grief! It has barely been one day, and I already just want to hurry up and find the Code Room.

Princess Vanellope clearly doesn't know what she is doing. At first, she seemed capable with the speech she gave yesterday, but behind the scenes, I found she has doubt in her own power. I can understand it is barely her game's second day, but her code should have kicked in by now... That is if ruling truly was in her code to begin with...

Well either way, the Pastel Princess can't get a grip on her authority.

One moment, she is about to act childish, and the next she tries to get her etiquette under control. Eventually, she'll go into a nervous breakdown and seek guidance from Sourbill.

And speaking of Sourbill, I don't know what to make of him. Whenever we cross paths, he just... stares at me... I can feel that he is judging me, but he doesn't speak his mind if he is.

But I shouldn't be fooled! He might not seem like a man of many words, but whenever Vanellope seeks guidance, he is there to give her advice and make her feel appreciated. Even if his way of appreciating comes off as snarky...

And all these people eat is candy: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even a midnight snack! I got to admit, it is usually a sweet treat, but don't these people ever get tired of candy? How do they not get sick from it? I barely began to feel nauseous after lunch! And a majority of the people here are made of candy, isn't that cannibalism?! Wait... Actually, people do share DNA with many organisms that they eat, so... Ahh, let's not get philosophical, or else I will question everything!

Moving on to the castle itself, the princess wasn't kidding when she said there weren't spare rooms that had a bed. Heck, some of the rooms aren't even furnished!

I thought it was best to scavenge around each of the castle's rooms to find some sort of secret entrance to the Code Room.

Usually, when it comes to Code Room, a panel or a series of buttons could be found that lead to the entrance. I had barely went through a good half of the rooms today, and I found nothing of the sort!

Gahh! I should probably hurry up and go to sleep! This cotton-candy couch is better than sleeping under the benches at Game Central Station afterall. The sooner I am rested, the sooner I will be able to search tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sugar Rush, King Candy's Castle-Present Day(Later That Night)

(Y/N)-

I look myself over in the bathroom mirror. I do have a strange design...

That Vanellope was right. Compared to her and King Candy, my nose is more defined; it's not circular like theirs. And my eyebrows really are drawn over my hair! The eyebrows are attached to my face, but if my hair goes over them, they're practically transparent. How does that work? Out of dumb curiosity, I moved my hand over one of my brows that are showing over my hair to see if I can feel the brow over the hair. When I did, all I felt was the hair, not the eyebrow. Hmm...

King Candy never said anything about my physical appearance before, so I have never questioned it 'til now. Actually, I have never noticed it until now. Am I... A freak?...

...

KNOCK KNOCK!

I jolted out of thought, and turned to the door.