Hello?

(???)-

I stirred in my sleep. Could it even be called that? It feels like I have been in a sleep for so long...

Goodness knows how long I have been in this sleep. One moment, I tried the best of my abilities to make my developers appreciate me, and the next, I was fearing for my life. Now, I have only been resting in my forced solemn state...

Suddenly, in this blank space, usually filled with nothing but the sounds of codes running, I heard an unfamiliar noise. Hello? I wanted to say. Is someone there? Did you finally come back for me?

Normally, I would barely be able to hear the thump of my own heartbeat, which normally goes very slow as I am not active. This time however, I could hear it beating slightly faster. For once in my time of being idle, I feel... Excited? Please, let me out again!, I wanted to plead.

I thought I heard the swooshing sounds of someone swimming through the space of codes. Wait a minute, is someone from the game inside of this Code Room?, I questioned. It was an aching, curious thought, but frankly, it didn't matter. I have heard these swimming noises at least once before, but this time, they could mean something for me.

I then felt someone touch my boxed code. I heard the sounds as my file was opened and being scrolled through. Please, activate me! It is only one push of a button away!, I was practically begging inside of my resting state, my heart was now pumping at a normal rate. Please!

....

...

I immediately heard a click, something was uploading. Am I... Am I finally going to get out?

I slowly opened my eyes. I still saw the white hues of the inside of my code box, but I saw a bar making progress on the flip side. Wow, is that me being downloaded?!

It took some time, but soon, the bar had finally met its mark. A message appeared at the front of it.

"Video Upload Complete!"

Huh? Video upload?

Just then, a video loaded in front of me, as some upbeat music started to play.

"Never gonna give you up!Never gonna let you down!Never gonna run around and desert you!Never gonna make you cry!Never gonna say 'goodbye'!Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you!", the buff man in the video sang

Never gonna let you down!
Never gonna run around and desert you!
Never gonna make you cry!
Never gonna say 'goodbye'!
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you!", the buff man in the video sang.

... Why? Who did this? Why did you get my hopes up and decide to play a video of this John C. Reilly looking guy singing a Rick Astley classic?! ;-;

"Hello! Haha, April Fools!", said a girl on the other side.

What? April Fools? Is it the first of April?

"You bet it is!"

Wait, you can hear me?!

"Of course I do! I made you!"

Wh- but, you don't sound like any of the devs responsible for designing and programming me!

"Pfft! I am not the dev, I am the author of your story! Now, let me switch the POV to me now!", she said.

Wai- Wha- I-!
-----------------------------------------------------------

There! I have the reigns now!, I said to (Y/N)'s code box in front of me. I turn towards your phone screen.

Now, I bet you are very frustrated, but you should have thought of what day it was before you opened this story up. If anything, you should be frustrated at yourself!, I say, as I start laughing.

... If you are giving me a grimace from the other side of this phone, you should be glad I Ralph Rolled you! I mean, I had something else planned that wouldn't have been suitable for all the readers, so you are very welcome to!~

Don't worry though, the next actual chapter is nearly ready by now, so expect it within the next two days, ok? 👌

Today's April Fool's prank chapter was brought to you by the Turbotastic and my oddball self.

I waited until it struck 12:00am on the 1st of April to press "publish"