A Complex Crisis

Sugar Rush, the Castle- [1997]

(King Candy)-

Today was my first official day as King Candy. The arcade had opened, but I did not go to the race tracks. Since I joined late, I wouldn't be on the roster, so it wouldn't have really mattered. With this opportunity, I took the time to instead stay at the castle so I could examine through Vanellope's code.

Darn it! That's why I couldn't delete her! I should have known her mainframe would have been tied directly into the game. As one of the main characters, the game has to have a way of ensuring she isn't deleted! Why did I not think of that before I made her into a glitch?!

I angrily thought to myself, as I tried to figure out more to this scenario. If the game has precautions for her to not get deleted, then they have to have some sort of protocol to regenerate her code...

As I scrolled through Vanellope's code, I found that there was indeed a set of instructions for in case this scenario does happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Debugging Notes-

If Princess Vanellope's interior files are to be erased or go missing for any reason, the remaining character will automatically seek out to race along the racetrack during the game's sleep mode. Upon crossing the finish line, the character's files will be restored. This event will also reset any changes made to the game itself to prevent any permanent bugs left behind by a glitched princess. The changes that will reset include any altered game memory, damages made to the environment, and any foreign elements that has either found its way into the game's code or existing elements that are operating in a way that it initially should not.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Just great! Now I have to somehow prevent Vanellope from racing?! How will I do that?

...

Wait a second, how could I have forgotten? I am the king now! The entire kingdom is here to serve my beckoning call! If I play my cards right, I can have control of this kingdom for as long as is necessary.

I laugh to myself, seeing my plan start to reconstruct itself. Brilliant! I just need to think of how to approach this error so I can secure my spot on the throne.

I cocked my head towards the direction of the Code Room's exit, as I tugged on the licorice rope around me. "I am ready to be pulled back in!", I hollered to the green ball on the other side.

I floated along, as Sourbill pulled me out of the game's code. Once I had made it back into the castle I immediately started untying the licorice rope from myself.

"Thank you, um... S-Thourbill", I praised Sourbill, trying to remember to keep with the lisp. Sourbill just nodded in response. "Now, come along. We need to.. We need to start prepping up for tonight'th Random Roster Race", I ordered him as I start heading towards the throne room.

"... Yes, your majesty", he states, as he follows me to the throne room.

As I start walking through the throne room, I take a moment to look around at the walls. "Egh, we've got to do something about the castle's interior", I uttered in minor annoyance.

"... What's wrong with them?", Sourbill asked with the raise of an eyebrow(?).

"Well... the castle is grand and all... It's jutht... the color. There's so much pink", I explained.

"...well, I wouldn't quite call it 'pink'..", the green butler stated.

"Pfft! Thourbill, that's clearly pink. You can't tell me that it's not pink", I gestured to the walls to express my point.