Chapter Four

Edited: 4/16/15
Re-Edited: 01/19/18

________________________
Chapter Four
________________________

       The rest of the day passed by quickly. Now, I was just outside of the woods where the girl was attacked. I drove Seth's car here despite the rude Sandy offered. I couldn't just leave his car in the parking lot deserted.

       There was blood on the road. It must've been from the girl. "Ready?" Seth asked me. I pulled out my bow and arrows getting it ready in case we crossed anything along the way. I would leave my mark even if it were the last thing I did.

       I nodded, "Do you have extra arrows, knives, and guns?" Seth asked checking to make sure I was prepared for this. I could tell he knew this whole things about my first wolf hunt was a big deal to me. I sucked in a deep breath, shaking my nerves off. I couldn't turn my back and walk away now, it was too late.

       I nodded.

       The other hunters didn't show up. They left us three to hunt by ourselves. This was the first time Seth had ever let me come with him to hunt wolves. I've only hunted vampires, and they weren't much of a problem for me. I'm sure that most of them are scared of my arrow by now actually.

       We walked deeper into the woods. Seth bent over to study the ground for footprints. He signaled us over, "Paw prints. There definitely were some wolves involved."

       I heard some rustling from deeper in the woods, "Seth?"

       He looked up and held up his blade. His blade and him were inseparable. Sandy cocked her gun and searched the trees. I pulled a arrow out of my bag and put it on the bow aiming it in the direction in which I heard the noise. I withdrew, ready to fire. A large grey wolf leaped out of the shadows at Sandy. I sent an arrow at his chest. The wolf fell to the ground. Seth marched over to it and chopped off it's head. Before we could do any more damage, a group of wolves were surrounding us. They shifted into human form. My jaws dropped. It was the first time I saw a wolf shift. I immediately recognized one as Carson. "Nice to see you again, Allison. What was it that you said? If you saw me in the woods, you'd kill me. Well, I'm waiting."

       I fired an arrow at him. He caught it in his hand and snapped it in two. "I'm a beta, sweetness, you'll have to do better than that. Especially since you snapped my mates nose out of place."

       I smirked while Seth burst out into a rage of laughter, "That's my daughter."

       Carson nodded at us. The last thing I remember, before slipping into the darkness, was something connecting with my head.

~*~

       When I woke up, Carson was staring at me. I looked around for Seth. To my relief, he was unconscious beside Sandy. It was better than him being dead or somewhere other than where I could see him. I sit up rubbing the knot formed at the side of my head to ease the throbbing.

       "What do you want?" I yelled at Carson. With each word, I sent venom.

       "Depends." He smirked at me as he spoke.

       "On?"

       "If my alpha decides to kill you or let you go." He retorted.