Chapter Sixteen

Twitter: myeshajones121@yahoo.com
Instagram: myeshalashay121
Gmail: myeshajones58@gmail.com

___________________________
Chapter Sixteen
___________________________

       "Kids!" Austin walked into his room, slamming the door behind him. After the argument, the first place he felt like coming to was his room.

       "You're a kid also."

       "But not for long." He walked over to his closet, "Which reminds me, are you coming to my coronation tomorrow?"

       "Your birthday's tomorrow?"

       Being Austin's mate, I had completely forgot to ask for his birthday. Then again, we spent most of our time together. I doubt he knows my birthday as well.

       "Yes, I'll finally become Alpha." He placed a suit on the bed along with a a blue shirt and black pants. "Formal or casual?"

       "Definitely casual. You're still young, so you don't have to dress up." I said, handing him the pants and shirt.

       He kissed my cheek, accepting the outfit. He grinned at me, "This is our first good conversation without something to interrupt us."

       "I think there were plenty of others." I said, falling back onto the bed. "Why didn't Carter accept the Alpha title? How old is he?"

       "He's twenty." He sighed before going on, "I guess you could say it was our mother. The last time we saw her, she wanted Carter to take the title. Of course, she went disappeared, and he doesn't want it anymore. According to him, it would be like remembering someone you would never see again. That and my dad was constantly telling him to honor her memory by accepting the title."

       I could understand him in some parts. When and if Carter ever found his mate, I hope she could help him move on from his mother. At least, to help him get over her.

       "Come on. Let's get to bed." He hooked his arm around my waist and pulled my towards him.

       "I think I should-"

       "Allison," Austin warned, interrupting my suggestion. "You're sleeping in here."

       "What about Seth?"

       "We're not doing anything other than sleep, and you're my mate. We're bound to mate."

       I ran my hand over the mark on my neck before getting under the comforter with him. With Austin's hand wrapped around my waist, it didn't take long for me to go to sleep.

~*~

       "How's everything?" Monica's asked as she helped me set up the pack house.

       I had taken a shower early in the morning, so I could help Monica set up for the coronation. She had called in the middle of the night - I'm still clueless as to how she got my new number - to inform me that she would be setting up the coronation. She had told me to get up early to help her. So when I say that she saw the ugly side of me this morning, I'm being literal.