Chapter Twenty

Twitter: myeshajones121@yahoo.com
Instagram: myeshalashay121
Gmail: myeshajones58@gmail.com

________________________
Chapter Twenty
________________________

       I came downstairs for breakfast. It was different not having the usual, hamburgers, to eat in the morning. I had to go back to school today, and while I was gone, Austin was suppose to take Seth out of the basement. He said he was under control, and he could control himself now.

Previous Day

       I was, currently, in Austin's office. Since he had accepted the alpha position, I have been using his office to study. It was quiet and Vladimir was busy looking around. Sandy was sitting down across from me, grading some papers I had completed earlier.

       Her phone rang. She got up from her seat, held up her finger, and stepped out.

       Vladimir sighed, "Finally! I'm uncomfortable around her."

       "I need to finish my work in silence." I pointed at the notes in front of me.

       I was still mad at Vladimir for telling Austin. Seth didn't belong in there, and I could've got him out. The whole situation led to an argument between Austin and I. I have been missing Austin. Since my heart is fragile, it is no surprise it's breaking.

       "No problem, darling."

       The silence lasted a short while before Mariya ran in. She was giggling. She hid behind the chair I was in, "Hide me. Austin and Monica are trying to make me train for battle."

       She was only six years old! I was not going to let him make these children fight. It would be unfair and unsafe. They are too young. I made her hide behind the desk.

       Austin came into the room, fuming. "Have you seen Mariya?"

       "No, I haven't. Why?" Mariya was giggling, silently.

       "She's suppose to be training, but she ran."

       "Austin, I'm not letting you take the children into a war. It's dangerous!"

       "They need to learn," was his argument, "If they don't fight, our pack can go down."

       "If they fight, there will be no pack if we lose. No one would be able to start the pack back up. No one." I tried convincing him. "If you make them fight, I'm leaving."

       My heart dropped as low as it could at my words. I whimpered at the thought of not being with Austin. The possibility of me not being with him made me feel incomplete. It felt different, knowing I was blaming everything on the mate bond a couple of weeks ago.

       Austin sighed. Before looking at me, He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Fine. They don't have to fight. Neither do the mothers."