Chapter Twelve

Edited: 4/17/15

Twitter: myeshajones121@yahoo.com
Instagram: myeshalashay121
Gmail: myeshajones58@gmail.com

__________________________
Chapter Twelve
__________________________

       A couple of days have passed since Monica had warned me about people finding out about me. The only thing she isn't telling me is what am I.

       I think half of the pack is scared of me because every time I see one nearby, they walk the other way. Some even look at me with distaste in their eyes.

       "It never gets old, Vladimir." Carter came in juggling a basketball in his hands. It was no surprise that those two got along. They were almost like the same person in different bodies.

       "And why would you say we act alike, mi querido, Allison?" Vladimir asked with a smirk. I had to remember to guard my thoughts, but it would be difficult. I was already struggling to keep my thoughts hidden, now. "Are you staring into open space, or are you checking me out?"

       I let out a forced chuckle, "I-I'm not checking you out."

       "You're cute when you stammer." He made himself comfortable on the couch, "But you were checking me out."

       "I was not!"

       Carter placed the basketball down beside him as he took a seat. Vladimir turned on the television. In a matter of seconds, the two were arguing over who looked better: Mila Kunis or Emma Stone.

       "It's obvious that Mila and Emma are both good-looking." Carson said, stepping into the room with Austin. Austin let his eyes travel everywhere around the room, but he didn't dare look at me. I could feel the tension growing, not only between Austin and I, but between everyone in the room. "The alpha wants to meet up with us to discuss the crossbreed. Since Vladimir and his vampire coven are the only one that have saw her, you are really needed for this meeting."

       With a sigh, Vladimir got up from his sitting position. "See you later, darling."

       I looked at Austin's hands that were clenched into a fist. Blood was slipping through his fingers as he stared at Vladimir in anger. "I need to talk to my mate alone." Carson gave him a pat on the back before leaving the room with the others. After they exited the room, Austin unclenched his fist. I saw the nail prints in the Palm of his hand where he had let his animalistic claws dig into his flesh. He cupped my cheeks, tilting my head up so that my eyes would meet his. "You know I care about you?"

       "Because you have to."

       "Because I want to." He corrected me, "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be doing any of this. I'm only doing this to protect you, to make sure you don't have to get hurt. I need you here with me. I need to know that you're safe, but that's impossible if you're hunting and putting yourself in danger. I care about you, Ally."

       I blushed at the nickname. "I care about you, too." I admitted. I didn't want to, but I did.

       When he leaned down to kiss me, I pulled back. If he hadn't marked me forcefully, I would've let him kiss me. If I wasn't a hunter, I might've let him kiss me, but I was.