Chapter Twenty-Three

Twitter: myeshajones121@yahoo.com
Instagram: myeshalashay121
Gmail: myeshajones58@gmail.com

_________________________
Chapter Twenty-Three
_________________________

"What are they doing here?" Austin asked after he pulled me into his room. "And who is Gerald?"

Despite the jealousy, which I love, Austin's grip on my wrist was too rough. I snatched my wrist out of his reach with much force compared to his. "Let go!"

Austin's canines were made visible. His anger wasn't making the situation any better, "Who is he? Your ex-boyfriend?"

I became furious, "No! What did you think? I'd go with my grandad?"

I climbed into his bed, pulling the comforter over my bed. I snuggled in and wrapped my arms around myself for warmth. I closed my eyes, trying to get some sleep, when I felt Austin's arm slide around me. He pulled me into his chest, resting his head in my hair.

"I'm sorry," he apologized.

I flipped over on my side, so I could look into his dark brown, enchanting eyes. "Gerald is my dad. Now, can we go to sleep?"

No further questions were asked as we drifted into a much needed sleep.

~*~

The next day, when I woke up, I took care of the usual before planning out my schedule today. It was a weekend, so I didn't have anything to do in the morning without school.

"How about we skate?" I suggested, pointing at a rink nearby on the town's map. It would entertain us until we get bored and leave.

"It's for humans. Next." Monica declined the offer.

"How am I supposed to have fun today when you are not considering my suggestions?"

"Here's an idea," Monica said, sitting up in the bed. It was her room, and it was my first time being inside it. Pictures of her and Carson were scattered on the wall across the room. It was adorable yet sweet, "We can go to the pool party of a friend's. He's a wolf, so we wouldn't have to leave here."

I wasn't sure I should go or not. It did sound fun, and it would be on pack land. Austin wouldn't have a problem with that, at least it was within reach. Now, I had to take it up with him.

"No," Austin answered before I could even reason with him.

"Please?"

"No," Seth answered for him.

"Please?"

"No," Sandy, Seth, Austin, Carson, and Diana answered in unison. Carson was answering for Monica since she wanted to come. It turned out, she didn't even ask could she come.

"I think we should let her. She's not a kid anymore." Gerald said, ignoring everyone else. Whether everybody said so or not, he did have an opinion, and it mattered.

"I will not allow it."

I glared at Austin. Instead of complaining about his input in the situation, I hugged Gerald.