Twenty Two | Impulsivity

A I S L I N G

I took off the gold bracelet that Alessio gave me, fighting back the pathetic tears. I won't let them win. As I'm removing it, I notice that there is something engraved on the inside of the bracelet.

Dolcezza

I close my eyes, my head down, as a tear escapes and I quickly wipe it away. I look up and blink my eyes a bunch.

I set down the bracelet on the nightstand beside his bed and rush out. It's the middle of the night and I'm sneaking away like a teenager. I have to do this now though. I can't even be friends with Alessio after this. To think after all this time, I was right. We never should've let it go further. Now we can't even stand to see or talk to each other. I've lost the only friend I've been able to confide in. It's now that I wish I had talked to him about more, with Aleksei sniffing around, on the hunt for Michail's killer, it's only a matter of time before the scent leads to me.

It's just me now. I have to do this own

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 17, which causes me to make some very impulsive decisions.

Like moving back to Ireland, without telling a soul.

I haven't heard a single peep from Alessio but Aaliyah called me the next day to say that she went with them on a trip to Italy.

I kinda snapped and needed to get away. I figured, there's nothing tying me to New York anymore (other than my love for it) so I said fuck it, packed up all my things, hired movers, and bought a ticket out here.

I only ever saw Andy around the house, except for the day I was leaving. Some guys came in to update the security.

I couldn't bring myself to tell Andy I was leaving, so I paid the movers extra to come at night and load up my things. I snuck out the door the next day.

I've been so wrapped up in everything happening, I'm afraid I've lost myself. I just want to be that happy, confident, fierce woman I was before. I am way too fucking sensitive for my own good.

The entire time since Alessio left, I spent wracking my brain about what went wrong, or what I did wrong. I came up with zilch. Nada. Zero. Absolutely fucking nothing.

So back to my roots it is.

I watch from the back window of the cab as we pass colorful cities, classic picturesque architecture, and the gorgeous roaming fields of green.

I just want to be somewhere where people couldn't find me, hopefully Nate will keep hush hush.

My cousin Nate was my rock when we were younger. I was closer to him than my own siblings. However, as he got older, he got busier trying to prove himself to my father.

Nate always knew how much this life affected me. He knew that sometimes I just get so overwhelmed with it all and need an escape.

When I was 19, shortly after Kevin and I broke up, he disappeared, I was a total mess who hated pretty much everyone and everything.

Nate took me to Ireland, to an old house I used to live in. We had sold it after moving but all these years later, Nate brought me there to tell me he bought it for me. He signed the title in my name and everything, telling me he wanted to make sure I'd always have a safe place to go.

So here I am, sitting in the back of a cab and on the way to that very same house. I will definitely beat the rest of my stuff there. Thankfully, I have a small suitcase of things with me, I'll just have to walk or take a cab in the meantime if I need to head out.